• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Savvy Vet needed in Northern Ireland - Belfast?

Persie

Warren Scout
As title reads, anyone know of any good rabbit vets around, Northern Ireland - Belfast?

Thanks

When I was getting my bunny neutered I asked my vet to tell me how he did it what medications they used after I researched the way a rabbit savvy vet does it! I rang listed rabbit savvy vets to see if they would use this way and the medications and they said they wouldn't. So I then rang around vets in my local area and "interviewed" them until I found one that gave me all the right answers to what I had researched so I know the vet I take my rabbits to are the best in my area, you could try doing this

http://www.willasark.com/rabbittriage.cfm

here is a small idea on what to ask if no one can direct you to a good rabbit vet :wave:

Not sure about rabbit vets as I'm no longer in Northern Ireland, but there's an exotics vet in Newtownards that might be worth a call?

Hi persie

Was wondering if u found a rabbit savy vet ? Just saw this post searching for something else. I can very highly recommend cedarmount in bangor. Carol and Craig are absolutely fantastic and treated my rosie for a blockage a month ago which required a 9 day stay. Even the nurses were sooo good - very very caring. Rosie is currently under their treatment for her tooth absess (this is what started the blockage) and they showed me how to give her penecillin injections every other day .. They r very very clued up on rabbits as they treat all the bunnies at the assisi animal sanctuary in conlig. Carol spent 6 years in New York working mostly with rabbits. U should check out their website.

Hi persie

Was wondering if u found a rabbit savy vet ? Just saw this post searching for something else. I can very highly recommend cedarmount in bangor. Carol and Craig are absolutely fantastic and treated my rosie for a blockage a month ago which required a 9 day stay. Even the nurses were sooo good - very very caring. Rosie is currently under their treatment for her tooth absess (this is what started the blockage) and they showed me how to give her penecillin injections every other day .. They r very very clued up on rabbits as they treat all the bunnies at the assisi animal sanctuary in conlig. Carol spent 6 years in New York working mostly with rabbits. U should check out their website.

Hi there :wave:

I must say I have read many great reviews about Cedarmount Vets in Bangor but unfortunately it is quite a far drive from us so we decided to try Clare Vet Group in Ballyclare, which I have also read many great reviews about, We have since had Persie there for his vaccinations and more recently being neutered. I was very impressed, firstly with his vaccination, the vet showed immense knowledge of rabbits and we were in with him for around half an hour getting advice, tips etc. He handled Persie with such ease also (I was quite envious) :lol:

He was back for his neuter a couple of months ago & it also went well, we left him in at around 8am and picked him up again by 4pm - he did look very unlike himself - petrified in other words but that's understandable, it was his first time being away from me for any length of time but he made a full recovery within 24 hours after the op :D but thank you, it is also very good to know that Cedarmount Vets are brilliant with rabbits, Persie is only young right now with no health problems but in many years to come who knows what problems we could face & I will definitely want the best care for him :D

Back