• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reported rabbit - what will the RSPCA do?

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Saw a rabbit in a tiny hutch/no hay/muesli food/loads of droppings. Reported it and was told they'll pass it on to the relevant officer, but no info about what they would do or when. Does anyone know if they would act in a case like this? Poor bun. :(

Thanks both.

I'll give it a week and then will take round a spare hutch and say I was on my way to the tip with it but would they like it free of charge. I'll get talking and will try to explain about hay/food etc. If they seem really horrible I wll have to do the leaflet thing, I guess, but thought the hutch swap was worth trying.

Hopefully at minimum they'll raise the issues to the owner. They might then issue a notice saying what chances the owner needs to make. I think part of the trouble is at the moment there is no legal guidance on what the minimum sizes are etc. so it's hard for them to decree what must be done.

If you haven't already, please add your name to this petition asking the govt. to get on with publishing the Rabbit Code of Practice they promised in 2006! http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49086

Back