• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny adventure /rescue

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
Hey thought I would tell you what happend today! My mum was driving down out street when she saw a rabbit on the pavement! She came back told me and I was straight up there not knowing what to expect . I spoke to someone I don't know asking if he seen a rabbit he said yes it's there pointing at his grass!

He asked if was mine and didnt seem happy I said no I'm crazy rabbit lady come to rescue lol! He said ask next door for more info but he also said that someone behind him has lots and lets them run free to escape !

Knocked on next door and big dog came out barking and the rabbit ran of to next garden tried catching for ages kept going further down people's gardens I was knocking on everyone's doors!

People
Said rabbits been lose for two months and there are about 3 of them . Last garden I got to and I managed grab it!! I really don't know how.
Asked lady if could have a box then when I walked down street people said to me I bet I can guess what u have in there ! U should work for RSPCA they said! Then I looked down seen the other rabbit ! I didn't manage get this one as way to fast!

Will try again tomoz but I have this one now and he/ she is really dirty but in ok condition tbh I'm not to sure if my mum wil let me keep it have my own two indoor rabbits and concerned for diseases! They have been vaccinated! And this would be an outdoor bun! Iv gota try catch the other ones some how

Pics to come!!

image-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bunny is gorgeous. :love: Well done for catching him/her. I hope you manage to find the other bunny.

To be on the safe side I would quarantine the stray bunny/bunnies away from your own. Also make sure that you wash hands etc when going from the stray to your own bunnies. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious. :oops: I get a bit paranoid about the possibility of cross-infection, when I was caring for baby Cookie I washed my hands so much that they ended up in a right state. :roll:

Thanks ye my two are indoor so not used to outdoor buns . It is in the run now wants to get out tho as so used to 20 odd gardens!! It's so friendly tho so must have been humanised but to have them running around for two months they lucky they alive! Ye washing hands like mad having separate clothes etc i just need get a cheap hutch from somewhere. Needs a name lol! I'm unsure what will be happening with it at the mo but aslong as it is safe! Jusy to get the other one now! Xx

I have the rabbit in the run but it's fairly hot out there got water etc but didnt know if you could keep them out in really high heat or not ? Might b to hot ? Xx

Give the bunny loads of shade and a frozen water bottle which will help to keep cool, mine are all out in this heat, just keep your eye on little one xx

Back