• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Greytail,Oliver ,Thomas Please/ UD page 6 Saturday

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Greytail and Oliver and Thomas have all got diarrhea
we have just lost Oscar :cry:

Please please can we have Vibes that I don't lose anymore of my baby boys

Thank You :cry::cry::cry::cry:
xx

Last edited:
Maysie I've only just seen this I'm so sorry about Oscar and I really hope the other little guys are ok. :(

Oh no, I am so sorry you have lost Oscar :cry: Oh dear, you must be in bits about him. Really do hope the rest of the little baby boys are going to be ok. Is it just the boys then and not the girls as well? Binky free Oscar :love:

UPDATE 2:09 am

Sadly we now have Greytail, Oliver, Thomas and now Winter who has just started with diarrhea also. With it being so hot
and humid here we didn't put them through an ordeal of taking them to the vet's but we did ring for advice and we did
have the meds that they suggested we try such as Rehydration Support and Metronidazole which we are using on all
the boys.
Mike will ring our own vet tomorrow for advice.

The girls Cleo and Dotty are in a different room and at the moment they are ok and showing no signs of illness.

We don't usually go to bed till 3:00 am so we are sitting up all night to check them.

Thank you so much for your Vibes we do appreciate them xx

Last edited:
Poor babies :cry:

Might it be a good idea to ask the Vet about the possibility of coccidiosis ?

Also, I am sure you are already doing this, but sub cut fluids as well as oral rehydration solution are going to be pretty essential. Hartmanns Solution is best to use.

Finally, what has literally saved the life of one of my Rabbits when she had a penicillin induced enteritis was Questran (cholestyramine), it is a POM so your Vet would probably have to do a prescription for you to take to a Pharmacy unless the Vet happens to keep it in stock. Questran can help mop up the toxins. Questran must not be given for at least one hour after any other medication and there needs to be at least 4-6 hours between the Questran dose and the giving of any other meds. This is because the Questran would interfere with the absorption and efficacy of any other meds.

I so hope that the babies will survive and that none of your other Rabbits are effected. Sending millions of vibes for them xx

Back