• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ice Pods at P@H

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Today I nipped in to my local P@H. They no longer stock Ice Pods (but still stock snugglesafes) and have passed on feedback that they think it's ridiculous. I know people are having difficulties finding them and they may well have been discontinued, I will be emailed Scratch and Newton now and will pass on their reply

I was told they have stopped supplying to p@h thats why they were selling off all their bits in there.

I got a hutch snuggle and hugger hugely reduced. As well as the ice pods earilier in the year.

Bought an Ice pod today at a P@H near me for £2.50. It was the last one in the shop. I asked for more - wanted another five at least but was told they are on the 'Z list' and being discontinued. The guy suggested filling plastic bottles and freezing them. Didn't like to say I would be hard pressed to find room to freeze enough plastic bottles for 22 house bunnies!! :oops:

Wasn't there another thread saying you can freeze snugglesafes? So there's that option.

Also get them to check other stores if they have any, as they can get them sent over.

Yes you can, but snuggle safes are £22 each :shock:

Apparently there will be more ice pods back in stock next week which you'll be able to get through the Scratch and Newton Website :wave:

I already had enough luckily, but yesterday's I was scouting some ads and came across two ice pods for £3.50 each, she is even delivering to my door. So keep a lookout as you never know where they might turn up.

I have been trying to get some for some of my very sick bunnies because they are suffering and I can't get any anywhere, if anyone knows somewhere could they please let me know, I'm pretty desperate for them

I have been trying to get some for some of my very sick bunnies because they are suffering and I can't get any anywhere, if anyone knows somewhere could they please let me know, I'm pretty desperate for them

I'll let you know when they are in at Scratch and Newton

If people cant find them couldn't you just freeze lots of those icecube bags? Don't know how long they would last but you could fit lots in a freezer and maybe put them in a cool food bag with a towel over?

We are upset to hear that Pets at Home are finishing with Ice Pods as we love them for the buns especially in this weather , we also put them in with the boarding buns when out in the garden, there is now a new product out by Snugglesafe called a cooling pad has anyone tried them and if so are they any good ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe-Cool-Pad-for-Dogs/dp/B008RKURWQ

I've used the cool pads . I have one in my shed for N&T . I find it works well for me as I put it where they most often stand/sit/lie and they stand on it without realising it . They've always ignored frozen water bottles or snuggle safes , but they do stand on this if I put it in a place where they already stand . You do feel it noticeably cool down within 10-15 secs of putting your hand on it , so I think they're pretty good . In my case they're more effective than snuggle safes !

Back