• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please will you share your shed/run combo pics with me

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
I'm looking at changing the bunnies set up and was thinking of maybe having a shed/run combo rather than the aviary style set up I have at present (so that it doesn't look quite so much like its taking over the garden.

So please could you share piccies of your shed/run set ups.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

Jo x

6 x 4 shed and 8 x 4 x 2(and a bit) run. The run doesn't have that house in there any more and they have different toys etc :)

When the run first went on -

Here's the outside of mine
575859_10151090992979363_157042132_n.jpg

The plants at the bottom are much bigger now and it definitely helps it look a little less imposing.

Just thought you might like to see the chicken run as well. Being built around a tree means it takes up less usable garden space and also looks a bit less ugly that it normally would.

541937_10151090585324363_1411226381_n.jpg

Haven't got any good pics that I can find... just going to piece bits together from here and there!

Unfortunately it's much smaller than I'd like... I'm living back at home with parents at the moment and as such I can only have a 6 x 4 run... :(

376821_10152071812805094_1813422834_n.jpg

Some fabulous set ups there :thumb:

Thanks everyone ......... definitely given me something to think about. :D

This was taken before the bunnies moved in, (they were away at the rescue centre getting bonded) it now has loads more stuff in it, toys, digging boxes, etc, an extra runaround tube connecting the shed at a different point and no longer has the central divider (this was put in so that when they came home I could gradually increase their space incase there were any bonding issues). The shed is 7.5x4ft and the run is 12x4x2.5ft

This was taken before the bunnies moved in, (they were away at the rescue centre getting bonded) it now has loads more stuff in it, toys, digging boxes, etc, an extra runaround tube connecting the shed at a different point and no longer has the central divider (this was put in so that when they came home I could gradually increase their space incase there were any bonding issues). The shed is 7.5x4ft and the run is 12x4x2.5ft

Doesn't the shed get really warm in the sun ?

ETA: and don't the rabbits chew it ? Just wondering as iv never seen a non wood shed used for rabbits

It's a bit hard to take the pic of inside because I can stand enought back! But basically he has a double storey hutch inside, tunnels and a cat flap leading outside

Doesn't the shed get really warm in the sun ?

ETA: and don't the rabbits chew it ? Just wondering as iv never seen a non wood shed used for rabbits

There are no bits for them to nibble because of the way it's put together, unlike our wooden shed that used to get nibbled to bits. It actually stays cooler than the wooden shed did (we have a thermometer in there to monitor) and where it is in the garden only gets the evening sun so it stays nice and cool for them.

Back