• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new run has arrived...

I'm rather excited and nervous as my new run for the lawn was delivered at 7.55am this morning.

I haven't seen it as I had long left for work by then but my boyfriend signed for it.

It's a 12ft x 6ft x 3ft so will be a decent size for hopping about it.

I'm nervous as I ordered it online so you don't really get to see the quality before hand (was a little dissapointed with the last run I ordered which was for the chickens not rabbits - long time ago and different company) so I have always made them myself since. I just didn't have the time to make this one and I needed it before the Rabbit Residence would approved me for adoption.

I am visiting the Rabbit Residence this Saturday.

I will write a review of the run and post photos once it is up and running :D

Hannah :)

Last edited:
Sounds lovely! Do you mind me asking where you got it from as I'd like a similar sized run.

I will do once I have put it together and assessed it (don't want to make reccomendations until I have assessed). I can confirm though that the communiction was good and delivery was to the time scale agreed at the point of enquiry.

Thanks

I will do once I have put it together and assessed it (don't want to make reccomendations until I have assessed). I can confirm though that the communiction was good and delivery was to the time scale agreed at the point of enquiry.

Thanks

Thankyou. The biggest size I can find online is 8ft x 6ft and I would just prefer something much bigger as two of my buns are quite active. (The other two are lazy! :lol:)

I'm looking forward to pictures!

Well I've got home from work to 3 large packages, they are well packed with bubble wrap and shrink wrap over (so not easy to get into). Unfortunatly there is some damage which has ripped a section of the weld mesh, I've taken photos to send back to the manufacturer however it shouldn't cost much to replace or cover over that section.

I've not put it together but I initially the sections seem strong and stable. If I was critical I would say that the weld mesh could do with being a bit stronger / thicker. As I have this run as a run for the lawn when I am home it should be ok. Obviously I will know more one I put it together, there are quite a few parts so it might take a little while to put together.

The run is from the welfare hutch company, and was £190 incl delivery which was very reasonable.

Question is do I paint it before putting it together? Going to take a while to do that...

Hannah :D

That sounds good! Still looking forward to pics... :lol:

Is the wood treated?

Annoyingly the Welfare hutch Company's website is down at the moment, but hopefully they'll be back online soon. That's a really good price! I also 'only' want a run for access onto the grass when I am home via their runaround.

That sounds good! Still looking forward to pics... :lol:

Is the wood treated?

Annoyingly the Welfare hutch Company's website is down at the moment, but hopefully they'll be back online soon. That's a really good price! I also 'only' want a run for access onto the grass when I am home via their runaround.

You can still prob email them, they have been replying quickly.

Yes the wood has been dipped, but all my other items are plainted in pretty garden shades!!!

It will take a lot of painting and the rabbit residence are keen to get photos of it put together.

good luck at Rabbit Residence, I got my second bun from there :)

Oh.. I'm very excited to be visiting! Little nervous. I've filled out all the forms and sent lots of photos in preparation!

I think I mentioned in another post that Floss has had a problem with mites, but this is almost cleared up now... so fingers crossed it stays that way!

I decided I wanted to paint it.

I've spend about 4 hours painting it so far and it's not even half done :( I didn't have much time at the weekend due to one thing and another.... then as I was painting my boyfriend was lounging around under the shade of the oak tree and refused to help :evil:

I really... really want to get it together but I also want it painted first... my boyfriend is at Bug Jam this weekend so I don't know when I'm going to get it together as I'm sure it's a 2 person job. I need to send the rescue photos of it up together.

Hannah

p.s. they has so many lovely bunnies at the rescue at the weekend :love:

p.p.s. anyone want to come and help? I can offer cold drinks and ice cream :D :lol:

You're keen! I haven't painted anything except my wendy house and I made my husband od most of that! :lol:

I'm so impatient when I get new things, I just have to get it up as soon as possible, you must have the patience of a saint!

I have emailed the Welfare hutch company and got a quote for a 6.5ft x 12ft run as they don't seem to have them on their website anymore or at the moment. The quotes were very good, so now just need to decide on a 2ft or 3ft high and then work out how to justify the cost to my husband as I have already just spent a fortune on kennels, runs, wendy houses and runarounds.... :oops:

Back