• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbits are so confusing :(

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I just found Harvey huddled in a corner of his hutch looking miserable :( he was refusing all food, I tried herbs and rabbit royale, both of which he normally goes mental for, and nothing :( he ran off from me, tummy pressed once, continued to refuse food then jump in his litter tray and started munching :? Still refusing all other food though :? I cannot work out if he's ill, he's well enough that he's just decided to play, but obviously something isn't right :( it is unbelievably warm in the lounge so it could be heat :(

WHY ARE RABBITS CONFUSING?!?! He's sending me mixed signals!!!

I want to go to bed, but I want to stay with him until he's eating properly. Still only eating hay and only when I put him by it...

I had a listen to his tummy and I can hear movements which is obviously good :) but he still won't really eat! He's still strong, active and fiesty (so fiesty he kicked the diaphragm of my stethoscope, ow my ears :() so I might leave him and see if he snaps out of it by himself over night... He had dinner at 9 and ate all of it and the odd mouthful of hay since so he hasn't had nothing at least, hmmm..... Confused :( I have a feeling this may be the start of something bad :(

My bunnies aren't eating as much in the heat, and are taking a lot longer to eat. I was really worried about my French lop yesterday and was going to take him to my vet, but now it's quite a bit cooler tonight, he's suddenly perked right up. They have been drinking loads out of their bowls which is good. Buster and Paddington have drank 4 big bowls today:shock: and the pellets usually go really quickly, but there were still some left tonight. I'm hardly eating in this heat though, and they've got their fur coats on so must feel even worst.

Fingers crossed but if I were you, I'd just get some sleep and see how he is in the morning, but he doesn't sound ill as such. I know he's obviously not how he usually is, but all my buns, bar 'loony tunes' of course are much quieter than usual and not eating as much. Just did my shopping online and Tesco have got their bags of herby leaves 2 for £1, so I've just ordered 10 bags and their usual greens, and they will go mad for those in the morning.

I'm hoping it's the heat too, but it's cooler now and he's still funny :(

I gave him his breakfast in his litter tray and he selected some good bits then got angry at the bowl for being in the way of his hay :roll: (he never normally selectively feeds, just wolfs it down in one) he literally took about 2 mouthfuls before getting bored, eating some hay, then getting bored again :(

He's still fiesty and doesn't seem too ill, he seems mildly agitated occasionally but that might be me shoving food in his face :p he just has very little appetite which is SO unlike him! Maybe he's dehydrated, Lilly drank loads more than usual yesterday but Harvey hardly drank :? I did just catch him having a wee so that's still working at least!!

I'm hoping it's the heat too, but it's cooler now and he's still funny :(

I gave him his breakfast in his litter tray and he selected some good bits then got angry at the bowl for being in the way of his hay :roll: (he never normally selectively feeds, just wolfs it down in one) he literally took about 2 mouthfuls before getting bored, eating some hay, then getting bored again :(

He's still fiesty and doesn't seem too ill, he seems mildly agitated occasionally but that might be me shoving food in his face :p he just has very little appetite which is SO unlike him! Maybe he's dehydrated, Lilly drank loads more than usual yesterday but Harvey hardly drank :? I did just catch him having a wee so that's still working at least!!

Is he pooing and if so is it the 'normal' amount and size ?

Personally if he is still 'not right' this morning I would get the Vet to check him over. This would be essential if he has not poo'd overnight.

Hiya

Mine are eating less pellets at the moment and are leaning towards being more grumpy. The are enjoying their veg still so maybe when the herbs come they will get Harvey interested again.

All you can do I suppose is keep watching to see if he is eating hay and still pooping okay etc.

I hope he is feeling better soon x

Is he pooing and if so is it the 'normal' amount and size ?

Personally if he is still 'not right' this morning I would get the Vet to check him over. This would be essential if he has not poo'd overnight.

No abnormal poos in the litter tray, I can't guarantee that they're not all Lilly's though, but there's a big pile where he went for a wee earlier so they're likely to be his as he sat there for a bit after having a munch.

I just gave him spring greens and he was very happy to have them :) even of he's eating less, at least he's having some things to keep his gut moving :)

Back to normal now :) I don't know what was wrong.... It could have been the heat, so confused, I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on him for the next few days.

Thanks for all the advice, it's reassured me that hopefully it is the heat and he's not overly poorly or anything :) he's such a silly rabbit!

Back