• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Yug has collapsed...U/D He's gone

TickTock

Alpha Buck
My poor baby of 16 years, Mr Yug; it seems like its his time. I found him on the floor struggling to get up. Picked him out on his feet only for him to fall back over.

My fiancé is ringing the vets now. I've had him since I was 9...16 years. I..don't know what to do.I'm in bits...

Last edited:
He's sitting up right now. Really wobby on his feet.

Vets want us to come to them via taxi but I honestly think it's best they come here. I'm not sure he'd be okay going in a taxi.

Vets insisting we go to them though.

Oh no how awful :cry:

Do you think he is in pain or suffering? Do you have any Metacam?

If you don't feel he's suffering it might be better to let him pass peacefully at home, 16 years is extremely old for a rabbit.

But if he is in pain then you must get him to a vet ASAP.

I'm so sorry :( Loads of vibes xxx

Find another vet. I live in Surrey and I know there's at least one vet that solely operates on doing home visits around here, so ask.

I can totally understand not wanting to move him.

16 is an amazing age. Give him lots of cuddles from me. He must be very loved.

Poor Mr. Yug.:( But 16 is a remarkable age for a bunny and as you quite rightly say, perhaps it is his time to go. So long as he is not suffering in any way I would just make him as comfortable and cool as possible and overdose him with love and affection.

I do understand how you are feeling as one of my bunnies, Barnaby (RIP), lived to be at least 11years old. He was a rescue rabbit so not able to tell his correct age.

You will do whatever is right for your bunny, however hard a decision it has to be.

Thinking of you both at this difficult and upsetting time.

Take care. x

One of the sad facts of life is when we have to say goodbye to a much loved one.:( But please try to seek comfort in the fact that Mr. Yug has been a lucky bunny and has known true love, care and understanding. Many bunnies never get such attention.

I hope Mr. Yug rallies, but just in case we are here for both of you on RU. xx

Mr Yu has gone to see his wifey buns in the sky. I wanted to stay with him come the end but couldn't cope.

Took him down to the vets at the top of the road. It was a long walk with him but better than a bus or Taxis.

Vet said we'd done the right thing and was very surprised that he'd lived that lived that long.

It feel kind of horrible, but that I almost feel a great weight has been lifted with his passing.

I Loved you my silly vampire Bunny <3

I'm so sorry :( What a great age he lived too though, you must have been a very dedicated and brilliant bunny-mum. Binky free Mr Yug xxx

I'm so sorry :cry:

What an incredible age for a bunny, he was obviously much loved and cared for to reach such a ripe old age.

Sweet dreams Mr Yug xxx

My gosh..16! :shock: That's a really amazing age for a bunny!

I am sorry you have lost him, just think of all the time you had with him. :love: :love: It doesn't make it easier, but it can help.

Binky free Mr Yug. xx

Back