• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bloody moulting!

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Jims is really suffering and tonight he stopped eating again! He is in a bad way bless him, he isnt even eating when annoyed by food which he normally does.
Cant go to sleep till he eats.
Can he please have some vibes?

Hes not good. Just had the vets out, he has a slight cecal swelling and needs a dental tomorrow! I am so worried! :cry:

Luckily he is still drinking so is not dehydrated.
I am so worried! I cant loose my boy! I just cant! :-(

Just packing Jimby and Cookies bag ready for the morm!ing-

Box of hay
Box of food
Box of fenugreeks
Box of herbs
Box of dried herbs
Drinking bowl
Food bowls
A blanket
A teddy
A top that smells of me :oops:
Infacol
Fibreplex

Am I forgetting anything?

My little boy was SUCH a good boy, I am so proud of him!
I told him to be a good boy and that even though its not nice he must listen to the doctor and do what he says, that if he fights it will take more time.
He had a consious dental and was good as gold! He gave a good view and they got all the bad spurs.
He also had 3.5ml of blood taken from his neck and he was an A *!
The vet said he deserves something nice for being such a good boy!
He is continuing on metaclopramide, ketofen and is on katalax every three hours today to try and move the mass.

It feels like I am updating this thread for myself!
Bloods came back, he is slightly enemic and his liver function is not spot on but vet tgnks it is all part of the statis.

My little boy still isnt right :cry:
He is still on metaclopramide, zantac, katalax and fibreplex but he still isnt really eating much on his own, he will take a few spigs now and then but thats pretty much it. :cry:
I have an awful feeling we wil be back at the vets monday :cry:

Oh no poor Jims :( Is the vet sure there isn't a fur blockage?

I HATE moulting, my Charlotte always suffers hugely with it and struggles to pass everything she eats, despite me grooming her obsessively :roll:

It can take a while for them to get through a serious Stasis episode, so try not to panic yet. Definitely get him to the vets if there's no improvement.

Loads of vibes :wave:

Back