• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Domino a girl or boy?

chrisii2012

New Kit
There used to be rabbit named Domino at a farm i visit. He died in 2003,we were told by the owner Domino was a boy however studying my male and female it appears HE was a SHE based on my girl Harvie's dewlap under chin,it looks like Domino had one too. What do people on here think?
Link to the picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/crust2007/2344104998/lightbox/ Domino is the black and white one. The grey one is his best friend Harvey who died in 2002

I think that it's impossible to say what the bunny was without him having beens sexed correctly. All rabbits can get excessive skin inder their chins if they are overweight and/or unneutered. Females do get big dewlaps as it's where they pluck their fur to 'build a nest' but that wouldn't be conclusive in a rabbit with a dewlap I don't think. Others may disagree.

I think that it's impossible to say what the bunny was without him having beens sexed correctly. All rabbits can get excessive skin inder their chins if they are overweight and/or unneutered. Females do get big dewlaps as it's where they pluck their fur to 'build a nest' but that wouldn't be conclusive in a rabbit with a dewlap I don't think. Others may disagree.

I agree, a big dewlap suggests female but does not confirm it. A podgy male bun can get a dewlap too, a bit like man boobs!

The best thing to do is ask the vet to look. If he's new I'm guessing he needs his vaccinations and a general health check anyway. I hope Domino is the sex you want!

The best thing to do is ask the vet to look. If he's new I'm guessing he needs his vaccinations and a general health check anyway. I hope Domino is the sex you want!

op said that domino died 2003, soo now way they will know, unless the owner could shed more light on if he had boy bits or not

as others have said dewlap is characterstic of does, though some males have them too

Back