• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drinking

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Do your rabbits drink much or do they get most of their liquid from their food? Bella doesn't use her water bottle much and I feel she should be drinking more in this heat! I keep sticking a bowl by her but she moves away so then I wet her front paw so that she had to lick it and she wasn't impressed 😳

Mine don't seem to drink much out their bottles either, I guess they get enough from their food! It still worries me though :roll:
Earlier though I was trying to wet Trixies ears a little bit to cool her down but she kept licking the water off my fingers before I could get her ear :roll::lol: even though she had two full bowls and a bottle!

Mine have a bottle and a bowl, the bowl is about half empty when I re-fill it, the bottle never goes down. They both share it so don't really know if they both drink enough either! Was wondering this myself the other day, on the plus side they are in the dining room which is always cool no matter what the weather

Ginger and Biscuit drink from a large dog bowl and get ALL of their fluids in via that.

Ginger admittedly has ropey kidneys, so drinks about 4-5 times more than a regular rabbit, but Biscuit also drinks from his bowl.

They don't get any food that a wild rabbit wouldn't be able to forage, bar an occasional tiny piece of fruit if im having it.

My 3 don't drink much but then they have a lot of veg/fruit daily. I put their portion in a jug and fill the jug with water then pour the lot onto the patio so they get the water too. THey prefer to drink from the water feature and the cat bowl

Back