• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rearguard cost

touie

Wise Old Thumper
How much do you pay for rearguard, I just looked at online prices and it seems expensive? I've not used it on bella before but now she is older I think it would be a good idea, I get worried every time I see a fly near her!!!

My vet charged nearly £25!!! :shock:

This is Foxie and Bella's first summer so I've never applied it to them before, they were NOT as good as my last rabbits. Very unimpressed by their diva behaviour when I was trying to put it on! :lol:

That's probably about right, I saw it for £23 online I was just hoping it was an extra big application so expensive! Bella is pretty difficult to handle too, she's big to get hold of and nips 😳

It's a pretty small bottle. I got one from my vet to keep in stock for Flora but at the moment, I'm sticking to twice daily bum checks as she's usually pretty clean. If it's just a 'belt and braces' approach in addition to bum checking, you could always go for the Beaphar (sp) Fly Guard which is much cheaper but needs to be applied a little more often. It's ivermectin based I believe.

I guess I could go for that! Bella has gradually been losing mobility over the last year so I imagine she is more at risk! But I only work part time at the moment so am around for regular checks, ill worry when I go on holiday though

Actually, I've just read the Fly Guard packet and it says one application is effective for up to 3 months. It's a 75ml bottle and costs around £10. Rearguard should be applied every 10 weeks, is a 25ml bottle and costs around £20-£25. Bear in mind that if your bunny is hopping around on damp grass or gets wet, some of the product will be washed off and its effectiveness lost.

Thanks will have a look for some tomorrow not much chance of damp grass at the moment ☺

Back