• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ludo, U/D after post-op check, mostly good, but sneezing, ACHOOO!

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
I just collected Ludo from his castration :D

When I put the carrier down in the room he had a hop around (not quite as high energy as usual), ate some hay, went for a poo, and now has huddled up in a corner under the hutch we use as his pen/litter tray and is having a nap. That's not really like him (to nap in a corner, it is like him to nap at 4pm) but the poor thing has had a stressful day and painkillers make him sleepy. The vet said he'd eaten a lot of the forage leaves I'd provided which is why they let him come home early (usually they let them home at 5pm, he came home at 3pm). So he's certainly eating and pooing ok.

Hopefully later this evening it'll cool down a bit too, he's lying on some nice cool plastic sheets.

Though I'd let you all know that so far it's all good :)

Thanks for your support :wave:

Last edited:
Sounds like he is doing well bless him :D have you got a towel he can be on, better grip and possibly cooler than the plastic sheets.

Sounds like he is doing well bless him :D have you got a towel he can be on, better grip and possibly cooler than the plastic sheets.

He's got all sorts in here, he's on the plastic sheets by choice! Silly bun! :roll: He's waking up now, he's on his blanket now.

Thanks everyone! He's back to hiding! I might put the Crystal Maze on for him to cheer him up :wave:

He just kicked all the poos I was cleaning up everywhere, in an attempt to 'help' and 'see what I was doing'. He must be feeling better :roll:

Ludo just came back from his post op check-up.

We found another good vet at the practice, who was lovely with Ludo, as our first two choices weren't available so had to have another one- we were very impressed.

Ludo is healing well, just a bit of puffiness but nothing to worry about. No infection or anything, and he's active, eating drinking etc as normal now.

He is however sneezing. When he came home he has green on his nose and last night he sneezed 5-6 times and a few times during the day. I mentioned this to the vet, they checked him over, no immediate signs of a problem, so now he has to go back in a week's time to see the vet when he has his stitches out rather than the nurse. I can't remember exactly what the reason they said was but something about when he was anaesthetised any fluid draining and now him sneezing it out? He hasn't yet sneezed today but I thought it best to mention it to them.

It made me laugh as when Ludo went in, we've never met this vet before, but the vet said, right let's get him on the floor then, Ludo you've got a reputation. :lol: But he was stroking him, Ludo seemed quite taken with him and was even nibbling hay during the appointment :shock::shock:

Back