• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uh-oh, out of control breeding...

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
I'm looking to rehome my giant rabbit run, and I had a call just now from a lady whose neighbour is looking to get one. Apparently the neighbour bought 4 rabbits from P@H, supposedly all girls, but now it seems one is a buck as the rest have each had a litter. They've separated the buck and are trying to cope with the mess they've found themselves in. You guys with experience in this field - am I right in thinking that these girls could each have another litter in a couple of weeks? At what age will they need to separate the baby boys from the girls + mums?

If the Buck was in with the Does when they Kindled then the Does may well be pregnant again. They would have the second litter approx 30 days after delivering the first one

The Kits would need to be separated into same sex groups at 10 weeks maximum

Fingers crossed the buck was removed before they mated again :shock:

I hope they can sort this all out :wave:

If they kick up a big fuss at p@h they'll usually help in some way eg extra housing/neutering boys.

Back