• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny sitting in Bristol

elmoandfern

Mama Doe
My parents have very kindly invited my OH and I to go and stay with them in south Africa over Christmas, but I'm having a bit of trouble pet wise! The couple who run our dog training classes offer dog boarding, and I definitely trust them with my dogs so I am going to send them there. I was planning on having a house sitter for the other pets, or someone to come in a few times a day, but I really don't trust any of the pet sitting companies around here, especially with the buns. Also, the dog boarding is quite expensive so I don't think I can really afford what everyone is asking. I was wondering whether anyone on here who lives nearby may be willing to either house sit or drop in a few times a day to look after my bunnies, cats and chickens? In exchange I would be willing to do the same another time, or lots of times! I know it is a lot to ask, but if you think you may be able to help please let me know :)

Thank you!

Pity we don't live closer to each other as this is what I do for a living.

I hope you manage to find somewhere, someone who is caring, reliable, bunny, cat and chicken savvy, and of course.....honest.:thumb:

Maybe a bit far from Bristol, but I recently used blackberry boarding in Hardwicke near Gloucester and I thought the service was really good.
£10 per day for both of our rabbits and the lady will put photos up on a blog so you can see them.

If I didn't have my own buns I'd come up! Even over Xmas. But I can't abandon my babies. Which is sad cos chickens are cool!

Hello, I ended up using Long Ashton pet sitters this Christmas. It did cost a fortune (with the holiday rates), but at least I didn't have to move the rabbits. Have you tried your neighbours? One of my neighbour's looked after my rabbits when I went away a couple of months ago. I have to say I was a bit worried both times as I dont really know how rabbit savvy my neighbours or the pet sitter are.

I'd be happy to help as I think I live near you, but I imagine I'll be going away myself for a few days at Christmas. It's a bit early to know what my plans are though. I'm going to PM you my number just in case. I'm fine with rabbits and cats but know nothing about chickens.

Hello, I ended up using Long Ashton pet sitters this Christmas. It did cost a fortune (with the holiday rates), but at least I didn't have to move the rabbits. Have you tried your neighbours? One of my neighbour's looked after my rabbits when I went away a couple of months ago. I have to say I was a bit worried both times as I dont really know how rabbit savvy my neighbours or the pet sitter are.

I'd be happy to help as I think I live near you, but I imagine I'll be going away myself for a few days at Christmas. It's a bit early to know what my plans are though. I'm going to PM you my number just in case. I'm fine with rabbits and cats but know nothing about chickens.

Thank you that's very kind of you! I'm certainly happy to look after your buns any time, even if you aren't able to help over Christmas :wave: I have a neighbour I was thinking about asking but she doesn't know much about rabbits, and after losing mumu when I went away last month I have become crazy and paranoid!

Rachglos I live in stockwood :)

i know alice at windwhistle warren does bunny boarding she has some lovely purpose built boarding accomodation

http://www.windwhistlewarren.org.uk/boarding.html this is in gloucestershire. not too far from bristol. also alice has her own chickens and cats too so may be able to help make arrangements there though i dont know you would have to speak directly to her

i know alice at windwhistle warren does bunny boarding she has some lovely purpose built boarding accomodation

http://www.windwhistlewarren.org.uk/boarding.html this is in gloucestershire. not too far from bristol. also alice has her own chickens and cats too so may be able to help make arrangements there though i dont know you would have to speak directly to her

Thanks :wave: I have quite nervous buns so would rather not put them into boarding as I don't think they'd cope! Also I'd still need someone to look after the cats and chickens, so it ends up getting a bit complicated!

Ok, I would prob not be able to help myself but I have had a few bunny sitters staying at ours, they have always been brilliant so I will ask around & see if any of them are free.

We were charged £8 per visit, but don't think there is a limit on numbers so for us with the ten buns, two piggies is was good value. We had 2 visits a day and have used them twice. We are moving and I'm not sure what space we will have until my own buns are moved in otherwise I would've offered.

Did you find someone to care for your animals in December? I'm in Bristol. Where abouts are you? Because I may be able to help ;)

Did you find someone to care for your animals in December? I'm in Bristol. Where abouts are you? Because I may be able to help ;)

Thanks that's very kind of you :) we decided to book a housesitter in the end so that the dogs can stay home. I live in stockwood though, if you are nearby and ever need help with the buns maybe we could help each other out? :)

Excellent :thumb:

I'm only in Whitchurch! That would be fab, I will bare that in mind because the only reason I won't go away (much to hubby's disgust) is because I'm worried about the rabbit! I would need someone like yourself who understands importance of bunny care ;)

Oh that's perfect! I never usually go away, Christmas is a special treat :) so I will most probably be here if you need me!

Back