• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

[Potentially distressing rant] Lost rabbit

Fennic

Warren Scout
Really wound up, neighbour hasn't got a clue about rabbits, left it out in the garden on it's own and sat messing on her phone then it "dissapeared" She asked for help then sat on her frigging orange a** on her phone. She wouldn't even go behind her shed to look for it. Well that rabbits definitely going to be dead soon enough. Most irritating thing is? She said "Oh i'll remember that for the next rabbit then" The previous ones to this froze to death in winter a year or so ago. I'd looked at it's disgustingly small hutch, it was full of poo's and no hay. Always noticing the waters green on it as well. Perhaps its escape is a blessing in disguise for it.

:cry: poor bunny, it must be heartbreaking to see this woman not giving a flying :censored:. will you try and look for it again? I guess it is a bit dark now to be out looking? Are you next door and if so, it might be an idea to leave out a carrier with some food in, just ic case it comes in your garden. Did you or she, check in other neighbours gardens etc?

I'd checked 2 gardens, i've left a carrier out with hay in for it. The 3rd garden over luckily is pretty blocked off, as is ours on one side, we think it must have squeased through our side and got out the bottom as hers was secured on one side but not our side. We did find what could have been rabbit fur on the fence. I'm physically exhausted (health issues) I couldn't go back out looking if I tried right now.

If you find it will you give it back?

I thought that... could always say 'I found your rabbit, come and get it at x time if you like' then her neighbour would have to put a degree of effort in to get it, sounds like she wouldn't bother!

I asked her earlier if she had any luck apparently it was pottering around in her garden but they didn't want to move and scare it off again. I left her to it as I didn't want to talk too loud and scare it, i'll ask tomorrow.

It was tempting though if I found it to keep it, we've recently lost our buck (to illness not an escapee) and our rabbits are indoor rabbits

Let us know if it comes back won't you please. Hopefully if it does and is safe, you could then ask her if she actually wants it as you've noticed how badly it is looked after, and you will be reporting her if she doesn't get it sorted out.

It does sound like it regardless of her careless attitude towards the rabbit that she does seem to want it, shes got a bunch of kids as well. Espically since she mentioned getting another if this one doesnt return.

Well it returned home and apparently she found blood on it but everytime she tries to "get it out" it runs under the patio. I was tempted to ask if she wants me to have a look but i've had 0 experience with panicy rabbits I really don't want to get involved with all of this further, it angers me enough looking at the green algae filled water and the scattered rabbit muslei outside of its tiny dirty hutch.

I've gave the RPSCA an extensive thought, I'm worried it would just be euthanized for large numbers or such going in there as I've heard before now. :\

Could you give her some leaflets and explain to her that rabbits need to be supervised etc at all time and need space and companionship? (Obviously you have probably tried this!)
If it was me, I would take the rabbit and tell her that if she got another, I'd ring the RSPCA.

No I haven't tried this, but neverless I don't think she would give a **** what I told her. I mentioned getting the rabbit a run if it comes back, as I mentioned in original post it's not even on hay.

The previous rabbits I recall her having was at the bottom of the garden 2 years ago left out in the snow and cold, I can only presume they had frozen or starved, I recall looking daily and debating with myself (This was prior to owning rabbits myself and knew little on them) The bottle hadn't any sort of defrosting going on.

I'm a rather meek person and I can't stand confrontation.

I would be surprised if the RSPCA pts without giving bun a chance, unless it was seriously ill or injured. But I would think the first step would be that they might visit and give the owner some good advice and a stern warning. Maybe call them and express your concerns and let them take it from there. At least you will feel you have done all you can and not frett thinking you could have done more. I really would discourage anyone from suggesting you do anything illegal, like stealing the rabbit!

No I haven't tried this, but neverless I don't think she would give a **** what I told her. I mentioned getting the rabbit a run if it comes back, as I mentioned in original post it's not even on hay.

The previous rabbits I recall her having was at the bottom of the garden 2 years ago left out in the snow and cold, I can only presume they had frozen or starved, I recall looking daily and debating with myself (This was prior to owning rabbits myself and knew little on them) The bottle hadn't any sort of defrosting going on.

I'm a rather meek person and I can't stand confrontation.

Where actually are you? If close enough, I would be happy to come round, get bunny out and get her to see sense, and ideally hand bunny over to either yourself or me.

Oh, I thought i'd set up my profile, I'm over in Cheshire. No idea how far that is from you though.

Oh, I thought i'd set up my profile, I'm over in Cheshire. No idea how far that is from you though.

I guess you are a bit of a way as I am in Warwickshire. I've just had shoulder surgery and can't drive at the moment, but I will have a look at the trains because I don't think you are too far for me to come by train, and at the end of the day if it were to sort this bunny out once and for all, then I would certainly be prepared to come over by train. I'm really worried about the bunny as well. What would be the nearest train station to you?

It would be Hough Green Station, but I really really believe it would be a wasted trip, shes a gobby so and so, I've heard her talking to her kids, and her ex husband/boyfriend were constantly rowing with 4 kids in the house. It really feels like it's a lost cause even thinking about it.

Back