• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ginger, just some thoughts would be nice

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I very very rarely post about her health any more, as although it isn't great, she's stable and is enjoying life.

She spends her days poodling about with Biscuit, eating, drinking, the occasional rush, but mostly, sits on my lap for a lot of the day.

Unfortunately, in the past 3 days, I have noticed she has lost a considerable amount of weight :(

Unfortunately, I've not had the means to do anything about it, as Joshua has been poorly. I've done some basics, upped her pellet allowance (just give her extras here and there) and given her some porridge oats.

She's really skinny and boney and I just weighed her at 1.3Kg's :( That means she's lost over 400g, that's considerable.

Vets as soon as I can.

Oh no, poor little Ginger :( how difficult with your son being poorly too, I hope he's feeling better soon :( good luck for Ginger at the vets, I hope it's something easily sorted and nothing too serious. thinking of you all xx

Poor Ginger. The same happened with Grim. He was on penicillin injections every three days and I upped it to every day and it's helped him loads. He was having trouble eating because he couldn't breathe very well. Just wondering if something similar would help Ginger?

Sending vibes for Ginger. I found oats and wholemeal bread helped my underweight buns put on a bit.

Hope Ginger will be alright. I know 400 grams is a lot, but Mr B lost 200 in less than a week and put it back on once he was well again. I hope Ginger can too, the heat won't be helping her to want to eat.

Poor Ginger. I was all too well aware of how bad the hot weather would have been for Artie if he ahd made it this far. He would have really struggled with the current weather.

I hope poor Ginger improves soon. She's a remarkable bunny, bless her :love:

Back