• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bilbo my floofy bridge bun :')

Jaffacake

Alpha Buck
For some reason over the last week I've been dreaming a lot of my bridge bun Bilbo. I keep waking up in the middle of the night thinking 'Oh! Did I remember to put Billie away?!' and then I remember and get all sad :cry: and no-one in my house would understand. They loved her loads too, but she died 2 1/2 years ago now, so she doesn't cross their minds really. :(

But I thought you guys would get it! So I wanted to show you some pics of her. She was bonded to a neutered boy called Snowy who was a smaller white lionhead a year younger than her. However the only pics I can find of her are from before we got Snowy and after Snowy passed, so he isn't in these.

She was my first bunny, and she is the reason I love rabbits so much. She had a funny, stubborn, naughty little personality! :love: She would stomp stomp stomp for attention, and she loved cuddles and just sitting still on your lap. :love: Work men who came round would say 'What the hell type of dog breed is that?!' and no-one would realise she was a rabbit because she was running round the garden chasing them and looking like a giant black floof ball! :lol:
She was really un-photogenic, all you can see in the photos is a fluffy black messm which is why we have so few photos of her. I think there must be some more upstairs somewhere, I will try and find some if you guys want to see. I thought she was beautiful and precious and I still miss her.

This is her being held by my little sister when she was a year old.

These are her when she was older:

These are from 2 months before she passed at the old age of 9 1/2, being cuddled by one of my friends:

Mohawk:

I can totally understand why you miss her so much, what a beautiful, adorable little fluff ball of a bunny she was. I love black bunnies as well. I am sure she is visiting you in your dreams just to say 'hi' and let you know she is ok. I always feel so happy when I dream about Roger, it's like having him back for a while. I was absolutely totally devastated when Roger left last September, and I don't think I will ever get over it, but after 8 months, I was able to start remembering the absolutely fantastic times I had with him, without getting so tearful.

When he first went, I was an absolute mess and didn't think I would ever be able to feel happy again. To be honest, I do feel happy and have good times, but they are not the same as they used to be with Roger gone now. In the early days when I was totally distraught, and trying to get on with daily tasks etc, all of a sudden, I would feel over-whelming happiness, and would start talking to Roger, and just knew he was here to visit, and then when he had gone again, it was like a veil of blackness had descended again in my life.

But his time to go was the right time, and I am so very glad that my vet was there for the both of us, and supported me as much as he did. It really helped me. I would just enjoy the time you have with Bilbo in your dreams. Every night I wish Roger would come to me.

Thanks a lot! Maybe she was visiting me :) She was a very special bunny and she was a very big part of our family. She left us when I was at uni and I wish I could've been with her. I knew she was ill, the vet said she didn't have long left and wanted to have her pts. But we were told she wasn't in any pain, she was just fading, so my mum and sister took her home. She spent her last day lying on cushions in the lounge being stroked and loved and given all the treats she wanted until she just... stopped. Peaceful, and happy, and flopped out in her favourite place. That gives me comfort.

Your bunny sounds very special too. I'm sure he will always have a place in your heart and be with you in spirit. And it will get easier I know. I will always miss Billie but I get a lot of joy from seeing my Foxie and Bella in the garden, and they remind me of the good times I had with Billie and Snowy in a positive way now. Hopefully you find the same.

I really appreciate your empathy, so thank you!

Awww, what a darling. :love: I do know what you mean. I miss my bridge bun so much it hurts. I want to talk about him but nobody really understands. At least we can all relate to each other on here. :thumb:

Thanks :) I appreciate it. I don't know why it's so hard this week, but it's nice to be able to share.

And I love that you think she was beautiful :love: My little ragamuffin! :lol:

sometimes it seems much harder for some reason doesn't it. :( i keep dreaming of my little chesney piggy at the moment. maybe they come to visit us. :love:

i think she is stunning! i love black bunnies anyway and she is super fluffy (floofy ;)) x

Aww, she was lovely :love: I sometimes dream about my first pony, I had him from when I was 9 until I was 30 he was such a big part of my life for so long, the other night I dreamt about him, it's almost like having them back just for a little while but then when you wake up :cry:
We care so much for our animals and I think you are right most people irl cant understand why it upsets us, at least people on here understand. :love: sending hugs xx

What a gorgeous fluffster :love:

I still think about and miss my first ever bunny and she died 13 years ago now! I don't think when you've loved someone/somebun that much you'll ever really be 'over' it, it's just that you learn to deal with it. My Georgie died a year and a half ago and some days I still find it upsetting. No one who hasn't had that sort of bond with an animal will ever understand unfortunately. Just one of the many benefits of RU :thumb:

What a lovely thread. I have a Bilbo at the bridge too, he was a fluffy white lionhead and he passed away just this year :( Special bunnies leave an imprint on our hearts xx

I too lost my billy boy a year ago next month from fly strike and I still cry I miss him so much. We have him home in a casket but can't look as I get so tearful so understand what your going through. Me and my hubby both swear that we have seen billy a lot just after he died so hope that he is still around as I tell him how much I miss him.
Sandra

Back