• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The rabbits must always come first

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
As you know many of us on here devote our lives for helping rabbits in need, sacrificing many things such as holidays, social lives, new clothes etc

Yesterday I think I pushed my devotion to our rabbits to the very brink. After a day of temperature checking, stray poo sweeping, bum checks, fly watching etc the final job was to brush off the ice pods in the shed and put them in the freezer.

To my dismay the freezer was too full so they wouldn't all fit. For the sake of our rabbits welfare I had to eat two cornettos and start working my way through a box of rocket ice lollies while watching the tennis last night :(

It was tough but if it means the rabbits will stay cool and happy today then I am happy I made the sacrifice ;) :lol::lol::lol:

I'm always impressed by the commitment to rabbit welfare shown on this forum, but I think this really wins the prize as the most noble and selfless act of dedication I've come across so far. I feel extremely guilty for not showing the same level of unselfishness.... :oops: ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Pets at Home are discontinuing selling ice pods so they have them in store for £2.50 :)

I have been buying them to send to the PaP rescues :)

Wow, that's really taking one for the team. I'm inspired by your selfless act and am off to make more room for bunny cooling devices in my freezer.

Never, in the field of bunny dedication, has so much been eaten by so few for so many :thumb:. Your country needs you!

Thank you, I don't like to boast about these things but on this occasion felt I had to share. I do hope more of you are now inspired by my dedication and spend the weekend making similar sacrifices for your own bunnies :D :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you, I don't like to boast about these things but on this occasion felt I had to share. I do hope more of you are now inspired by my dedication and spend the weekend making similar sacrifices for your own bunnies :D :lol::lol::lol:

I would but I've got a bad tummy bug meaning I can't stomach anything but water :cry:. There's a box of Magnum's whimpering in the freezer but they're quite safe ;).

Thank you for kind words ;)

However it seems my efforts were In vain. Just checked the garden to find all icepods completely abandoned. Ungrateful little monkeys!! :)

However it seems my efforts were In vain. Just checked the garden to find all icepods completely abandoned. Ungrateful little monkeys!! :)

Oh dear... you'd better find something tasty in the freezer and eat it to cheer yourself up.... ;)

That is total dedication. :thumb:

Maybe they would have preferred the ice-creams ;)

You truly are an inspiration :love:

If I finished that box of choc ices, I may be able to fit another ice pod in the freezer...

Back