• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shed/hutch cleaning by torch

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
will anyone else be joining me tonight in cleaning their bunnies out once the sun goes down? :lol: The shed is massive and my torch is tiny, this is going to be tough :lol:

I just did my hutch. :) It's got a bit cooler so I didn't over heat, and it'll be dried and refilled before dark. SCORE! Organised for once :D

I always do mine first thing in the morning ..... Smugy de smug smug ..... :lol: only because normally by now I'm asleeeeeep

So guess what? I just finished the hutch... at 11pm :roll:
I knew I was too organised and it wouldn't last! I was so proud of myself for having most of it done by 6, and then I went and got distracted by organising travel for a wedding tomorrow- looked up at it was 10:30 :shock:

And I wasn't just doing litter trays, herding the buns into the hutch, and giving pellets, hay, water, veg which usually takes me about 15 minutes a night. Ohhhhh nooooo, I read all these horrid threads recently about fly invasions so I completely drenched and disinfected the hutch and everything inside, and took the top shelf out. Even though I did a deep clean a week ago.

Oh dear :lol: At least I am finished now! ;)

I cleaned all our litter trays first thing and did them again in the afternoon as I was so worried about flies. I couldn't leave them all day in this heat

mine have 3 so none of them gets smelly at all thankfully. If I was still using just one I'd have to clean them morning and evening :) I need to get some fly mesh though, can't be too careful!

Mine have two litter trays for night in the hutch, and they free range during the day and just poo where ever they are in the garden. If I cleaned it morning and evening I'd be cleaning a clean tray :)
I clean them at night so I can fill them with fresh hay for them to gobble :D

Mine had trashed the place by this morning too :roll: Typical!

You know what's funny? My room is so messy you can't even see my floor, and yet my buns live in luxury and I clean them every day :lol:
Their hutch cost more than my bed :lol:

It's soooo hot cleaning the rabbits out..! Even though they're healthy and everything I still worry about flies. Have been cleaning both of the litter trays out daily instead of just the one, then the other one every other day.

I need to sort fly mesh out too! Want to cover the run with it too, just need to get my mom to help me cut it to size!

my room is the same :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol:

My whole family came round for my Mum's birthday, and my dad said 'Jen, where's the Detol? I need to wipe the surfaces!'
And I replied with 'You can't have it! Detol is for bunnies, Tesco value disinfectant is for humans!'
My whole family burst out laughing and said 'At least we know where we stand! Firmly beneath the rabbits! :lol: Let's make sure we don't infect them with our people germs'
They finally get it ;)

It's soooo hot cleaning the rabbits out..! Even though they're healthy and everything I still worry about flies. Have been cleaning both of the litter trays out daily instead of just the one, then the other one every other day.

I need to sort fly mesh out too! Want to cover the run with it too, just need to get my mom to help me cut it to size!

I need to measure my aviary to work out how much I need!

I cleaned Brian out at about 12pm. He was just rubbing around the garden like mad un phased by it.
It was ok inside the shed as it stays cool. Cleaning the run was not fun.

Back