• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bunny binky?

xClairex

Alpha Buck
Because mine don't :(

I always think a binky equals a really happy bunny, which would mean mine are miserable then!

Mine used to live outdoors in a huge (almost whole garden) set up, never did a binky.
Now they are indoors and I've never seen a binky from any of them!

They do have 'mad moments' as we call then, where they will go dashing about in and out of rooms and jumping on and off the sofa/beds/people if they are sitting on the floor but that's it.

sort of, Sebastian does head binkies :love: they binkied more when they were indoors over winter and lots of happy flops :love:

Not really :( I did think once they got the landing to run up and down on they would but they don't. Sometimes they do in the run because it's somewhere different and new to explore but usually they just eat grass :lol: I think they're too lazy for binkying :lol:

Sort of,

Loki can do some amazing binkies but mostly sticks to happy dbf flops and a quick run around at about 1am :roll:

Poppy being part blind tends not to do many flying leaps as she has a habit of binkying into things... Like walls... But she does bumble around happily enough, does run around in a muted kinda way and does flop a lot! :p

Thor is neurotic, he very rarely truly flops though he does lie down and he very rarely binkies, he does bunny 500's and dashes everywhere at lightening speed instead! :lol:

Because mine don't :(

I always think a binky equals a really happy bunny, which would mean mine are miserable then!

Mine used to live outdoors in a huge (almost whole garden) set up, never did a binky.
Now they are indoors and I've never seen a binky from any of them!

They do have 'mad moments' as we call then, where they will go dashing about in and out of rooms and jumping on and off the sofa/beds/people if they are sitting on the floor but that's it.

Bunny 500s mean they're happy too :D

I used to worry that mine didn't binky much either but now I think it's because they're so used to the life they lead that they sort of take it for granted, if that makes sense. Lola binkies much more than Alfie but she's also a lot less confident so I don't know if hers are necessarily through happiness but the need to practice her escape skills in case I try to pick her up. :lol::lol:

The biggest binkies I've ever got from Alfie was the first time he was allowed out on the grass to free range after spending about 6 weeks on cage rest after he dislocated his hock. I never get anywhere near the same reaction when I let him out for his daily run around when he's only been cooped up for just under a day.

Olly used to binky loads, he doesn't seem to do it as much recently. He still has crazy moments where he runs around full pelt and bounces off the sofas or walls but not so much binkies. I'm hoping once he's been neutered and gets a wifey he will be more happy.

My littler bunnies like my nethie and lionhead binky alot, my medium bunnys will do half hearted ones but most the time they are just to damn lazy. They like to spend most their time flopped out, which they wouldn't do if they weren't relaxed/happy. I think the littler buns just have more energy rather than they are happier.

Rosie always binkies and does bunny 500's but Pebbles doesn't do anything like that. He is a more laid back and reserved bunny I think

Ludo is more into the mad dash binkies. (Are they called bunny 500s?) He does them quite regularly and always manages to knock over some item of furniture or drag hay into some part of the house that had recently been hoovered.

But he doesn't do many random binkies at all, they're nearly all incorporated into mad dashes. (And for some reason he nearly always binkies in the same bit of the house)

Poppy, Donny and Lola do a lot. But Leo doesn't know how to/can't and I haven't seen Kerbie but he does have a mad dash around. Haven't seen Charlie binky my either but she's still really nervous.

Ori binkies loads, almost every day, he's such a laid back little fella. Scarlet only binkies when she thinks we're not looking, doesn't want the apes to know she's happy as we must always strive to be better slaves!

Pippa is a nightmare :roll: She has 2 settings, manic or sleeping. She is a partially sighted bun and often crashes into things, but just bounces off and carries on. Sometimes I have to sit down and wait for her to stop, so that we don't collide. Sometimes she will race down the hallway and Dipsy races across the lounge and they collide in the doorway. Although she is the tiny bunny that nearly starved to death, and for the main it is brilliant to see her like this ALL the time, but now I have had a bad accident and 2 ops to date, and am at home recovering and not feeling great, she is definitely the most irritating bunny.

This morning she has so far had about 5 binky's, and there will be numerous more before she goes to bed tonight at about 10ish. Couldn't read the post because she got to it first and has ripped it to bits and peed on it, so I have binned it. Had my shopping delivered and she broke into the strawberries and ate some, and then found a fresh loaf of tiger bread in the bathroom with a big chunk out of the middle of it :shock: Was having a rest after physio and feeling really rubbish, and then heard big commotion in the kitchen. Found Pippa in double base unit, the noise was all the saucepans etc falling out because she was running up and down it, and there is just a massive mess of different flours and castor sugar that my daughter will clear up for me when she gets home, and I have just shut the door on it. Had to take Pippa to the bathroom to wash her face because it was covered in flour, and I didn't want it to go in her eyes, and she got cross and bit my arm :shock:

When her partner Dipsy gets fed up of her, he buries her under the hay while she is sleeping, and it is great until she wakes up and her face pushes through it :lol::lol: To those of you that thinks she sounds great fun, she is available to hire, along with Dipsy of course, and I can guarantee, you WILL be glad to send her back, although in the meantime, I may well have moved :D

When her partner Dipsy gets fed up of her, he buries her under the hay while she is sleeping, and it is great until she wakes up and her face pushes through it :lol::lol: To those of you that thinks she sounds great fun, she is available to hire, along with Dipsy of course, and I can guarantee, you WILL be glad to send her back, although in the meantime, I may well have moved :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Mine do, loads! If i move the bin... they get excited and do binkies and bunny 500s :lol: if i open their area even a couple of inches, they're off - and Rupert, well, he binkies most in the house, he looooooooooves being in the house, and he binkies when he sees me thru the shed window :lol: this morning, he was at the shed window having a wash, i looked out our window on stairs, koncked and waved and he did a binky :lol: when he hears theshed keys, he's off too :lol: not to mention when he hears / sees the pellet box :roll:
Tia loves being outside with a big open area, she does more bunny 500's she doesn't really 'do' jumping :lol:
Rupes is like a balerina, he's so graceful - long high striding jumps... Tia, well, god love her, she looks manic when she's off :roll:
Rupes is like a cat - dangle somethign in front of him (anything at all) he punches it a couple of times then goes manic running jumping binkying, he loves it and comes back for more, he's like a child... comes back, wiggle the thing... he's off... over and over and over again - he can go for hours too! :lol:

Last edited:
Jelly never binkies, she's much to reserved for those sorts of antics :roll:, but Mercedes binkies up the walls, literally... and whenever we bring her in, she's off binkying all over the place so much that we have to put cushions at the end of the hall way otherwise she slides into the wall hahaha! :lol::lol::roll:

Pippa is a nightmare :roll: She has 2 settings, manic or sleeping. She is a partially sighted bun and often crashes into things, but just bounces off and carries on. Sometimes I have to sit down and wait for her to stop, so that we don't collide. Sometimes she will race down the hallway and Dipsy races across the lounge and they collide in the doorway. Although she is the tiny bunny that nearly starved to death, and for the main it is brilliant to see her like this ALL the time, but now I have had a bad accident and 2 ops to date, and am at home recovering and not feeling great, she is definitely the most irritating bunny.

This morning she has so far had about 5 binky's, and there will be numerous more before she goes to bed tonight at about 10ish. Couldn't read the post because she got to it first and has ripped it to bits and peed on it, so I have binned it. Had my shopping delivered and she broke into the strawberries and ate some, and then found a fresh loaf of tiger bread in the bathroom with a big chunk out of the middle of it :shock: Was having a rest after physio and feeling really rubbish, and then heard big commotion in the kitchen. Found Pippa in double base unit, the noise was all the saucepans etc falling out because she was running up and down it, and there is just a massive mess of different flours and castor sugar that my daughter will clear up for me when she gets home, and I have just shut the door on it. Had to take Pippa to the bathroom to wash her face because it was covered in flour, and I didn't want it to go in her eyes, and she got cross and bit my arm :shock:

She sounds adorable!!! I WANT:D (for a little bit ;))

HAHA. Why don't we hear more tales of Pippa! Sometimes PM just gets on my wick with his mischief. I plonk him in middle of the room, sit down in front of him and point at him ' DONT DO THAT. NAUGHTY'.

Then I look at myself and think, 'what the :censored: are you doing Lucy. He's not a child, he's a rabbit'

Last edited by a moderator:

She sounds like she would get on so well with my Rupert - He has to follow me, one day i was on the loo - he sat watching me.... which tbh is bad enough, but i stood up turned round, about to flush - and yes! you guessed it! he was IN the toilet!!! lucky i didn't flush! i was worried that his feets would be purple (purple loo block thingy was in there)! he was fine, luckily.
Rupert 'helps' with the shopping too, and if he deems us as not giving him enough attention (i mean, come on i only focus solely on him for 3 hours a night :roll: ) he bites cables.... expensive surround sound ones. and pulls my phone out my hand..... and if its raining and muddy, he jumps all over my (pale grey) brand new sofa (no, he's not allowed on the sofa).

Did i mention he's an outdoor rabbit?! lol When he gets too naughty tia pins him down and humps his head to tell him off. lol

he also breaks into the bedroom and bites the (£1000) bed!

oh and one night i had sausage rolls and was sitting on the floor with them - he nicked one off my plate and ran away with it... followed by me screaming omfg rupert you cant eat meat you silly sod! he thought it was funny and started running faster and binkying... i honestly thought it was gonna be a vet trip (luckily he only managed to get a bit of pastry but thats not the point

Back