• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help rehoming rabbits - I'm in hospital

Lillian

Warren Veteran
I need to rehome at least 2 pairs of rabbits asap. I'm in hospital, been here 9 days, had 2 operations and a slow recovery ahead. My parents have been amazing taking over everything at home but its a massive strain on them and it's going to be quite a while until i'm back on my feet and able to clean and feed the rabbits again.

The 2 pairs that most need a home are James (dwarf lop) and Beryl (medium/large x), and Hattie (medium/large lop) and Hilda (nethie). I really don't want them in rescue cos i like updates and photos etc but if its the only choice i'll consider it. Can't show photos, everythings on cameras etc at home. They're on rabbit rehome though, have been for a while due to work commitments and needing to downsize to smaller house etc.

Pm me if you can help, i have limited communications in hospital but will attempt to keep track. If i reply and it doesnt make sense, apologies, on morphine and codeine and keep typing non sense to people.

Extra note: i'm in surrey but if people could help transport rabbits about that would be great. Also if i do say non sense please clearly state i have and i'll try to figure out what i mean to say. Very confused and tired.

Thank you for putting the links up, i cant do it on the hospital computer thing.

They're both lovely pairs of rabbits, when they get lots of attention they become very sweet and friendly. Unfortunately they've had minimal human attention recently cos i've been so ill. I'd give their housing away with them if it was possible but they're in sheds that are all connected together and can't be taken down without the others collapsing. The only other housing i have is a dog crate and an indoor Gpig cage, all too small for these buns, unless people have pens or something to attach to make more space?

Sorry you are poorly :(

I can't help with rehoming them, but I am only down the road so I would be happy to help with bunny runs if necessary x

I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to hear you are so ill!
If you ever want a chat you know where I am. Hugs!
Im sorry I cant help with your buns. :sad:

Sorry to hear you're not well.

Perhaps someone on here could foster them for you so that you can have them back when you are recovered?

I hope you get something sorted - must be a huge worry.

I was going to ask for fosters but I'd still have to rehome them anyway. Once I've recovered I'll be working 2 jobs and hopefully be moving into a flat towards the end of the year. So I need them settled into permanent homes, with people who can give them the love and care they deserve as I'm not going to be able to anymore.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that you are going through such a bad time.

I'm sorry that I can't take your buns but hope that someone will be able to help you soon xx

OMG James & Beryl are my parents names :shock: Sorry cant help but hope they all find good homes soon Hope you feel better soon

Back