• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poorly bunny

kady

New Kit
Hi there ive no idea if im writing this in correct place but here goes... I bought a mini lop bunny
5daya ago she is almost 10weeks. Today she started getting dihoria very badly.
I have been to the vets she was given an injection and other things and we are now
Home. She has started making noises which to me sound like teeth grinding? Ive been given
A packet of food and syringe to feed her with if she doesn't eat and something called fiberplex.
Im really worried any extra advice please? X

To be perfectly honest with a bunny that young diarrhoea is very serious and life threatening and I would be very annoyed that the vet didn't admit him/her for 24 hr care. Whereabouts are you and maybe we can recommend an emergency vet?

just to echo that advice - with a young bun this can be an extremely dangerous illness and I would have expected a good rabbit savvy vet to treat it with more caution and possibly keep her in to give fluids and take samples.

She sounds in pain.

Can you at least keep her tummy warm by sitting her on your lap on a warm towel?

Ring your vet again first thing tomorrow at latest or take her to a good emergency vet (not all are good with rabbits).

Back