• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjames

Warren Scout
I am looking for a black and white Dutch female rabbit, that has been spayed. As I live in London. It would have to be a London rabbit. Anyone out there can help

Hi, i would be very surprised if you get any advice, as your posts to other people have been very rude and unhelpful.

Very few rescues will let you adopt a single rabbit (to keep alone) as rabbits should be kept in pairs. Try the rabbitrehome website to look for a rabbit or a rescue near you

Hi, i would be very surprised if you get any advice, as your posts to other people have been very rude and unhelpful.

I am not looking for advise. I need an unwanted rabbit to share with my rabbit. And my posts are truthful, though I know the truth often hurts, its in the best interest of rabbits. and their interest comes first. If someone loves their rabbit they should listen.

I am not looking for advise. I need an unwanted rabbit to share with my rabbit. And my posts are truthful, though I know the truth often hurts, its in the best interest of rabbits. and their interest comes first. If someone loves their rabbit they should listen.

Why does it have to be black and white? Your other rabbit won't care what colour (and possibly what breed) it is!

Very few rescues will let you adopt a single rabbit (to keep alone) as rabbits should be kept in pairs. Try the rabbitrehome website to look for a rabbit or a rescue near you

I have checked rescue centres But non found in London. RSPCA, not helpful. I only want to get one as a companion to my rabbit. would rather pay £80 for an abandoned rabbit, that has been spayed than one from the pet shop, that I will have to get spayed. I am squeamish about sending a rabbit for that operation.

I have checked rescue centres But non found in London. RSPCA, not helpful. I only want to get one as a companion to my rabbit. would rather pay £80 for an abandoned rabbit, that has been spayed than one from the pet shop, that I will have to get spayed. I am squeamish about sending a rabbit for that operation.

The Mayhew Animal Home
Trenmar Gardens, London, NW10 6BJ
Tel: 020 8969 0178

Greenwich Rabbit Rescue
Blackheath, London
Tel: 0208 319 0283

Four Legged Friends Animal Rescue
The Bothy, Southmere Park, Hartslock Drive, South Thamesmead, SE2 9US
Tel: 020 8311 5086

Riverside Animal Centre (View Rabbits)
Church Road, Beddington
Tel: 020 8669 8877

No! You have given some absolutely terrible advice on here!

Why does it have to be black and white? Your other rabbit won't care what colour (and possibly what breed) it is!

I don't know if rabbits prefer their own kind size and colour. But as they may. and many don't bond. I am only trying to eliminate any possible cause for rejection, that I can think of.

Your posts have come across as rude and patronising. Also, somewhat inaccurate.

There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum, many different views, may you can learn from others as well as sharing your experiences.

Also, if you want a rescue bun, may I enquire as to why you're so specific about breed and colour? Just curious.
Rabbits of different breeds sizes and ages can be bonded. Perhaps widen your rabbit horizons. I'm sure your current rabbit won't be fussy.

Your posts have been hurtful in tone, maybe it would be helpful to read the forum rules.

And my posts are truthful, though I know the truth often hurts, its in the best interest of rabbits. and their interest comes first. If someone loves their rabbit they should listen.

This might be a good time to point you in the direction of the Forum Rules, particularly the Tone of Posts section I've quoted below.
Tone of Posts
The forum should be a supportive place to visit. It is possible to disagree with something without turning it into an insult. Sometimes it's not what you say but how you are saying it that causes a problem. For example, if someone is feeding their rabbit in a way you consider bad you could say:

"Why are you feeding your rabbit that rubbish? You should have done more research and fed it this instead. You better change it quickly before your rabbit dies."
Or

"Have you thought about swapping to pellets? Quite a few forum members feed these as they have more fibre so are better for their gut."

The first is likely to get you a warning from admin and chase the rabbits owner away. The second is friendly and tactful and will encourage the owner to listen to your advice. Sometimes it's difficult to be patient if you see something happening you think is wrong but staying calm and polite will generally get the most successful response in the end.

Also consider replies by other members. Multiple posts from different members raising the same issue can feel like being 'ganged up on'. Consider whether your post adds anything constructive.

I think it's admirable that you want to get a rabbit from a rescue as so many need homes. :D Is there a reason why you're looking for a black and white dutch as that's probably making your search much harder? Which area of London are you in and have you tried searching the surrounding counties as well? If you search on Rabbit Rehome, I think there's also the option to search within a certain radius of your postcode.

Ooops, loads of you have jumped in and posted while I was writing. Guys, can we please leave it there now I've guided the member to the rules - otherwise we'll all be guilty of doing what the OP's being told off for. :wave:

I don't know if rabbits prefer their own kind size and colour. But as they may. and many don't bond. I am only trying to eliminate any possible cause for rejection, that I can think of.

There's no reason why rabbits of any size and breed can't get along. Some people prefer to stick to a bunny of a similar size to their own but lots of members also have very small bunnies with large ones. :D

Ooops, loads of you have jumped in and posted while I was writing. Guys, can we please leave it there now I've guided the member to the rules - otherwise we'll all be guilty of doing what the OP's being told off for. :wave:

:thumb:
Sorry, crossed posts with you also

rabbits tend not to have any preference at all in their mates bar personality. I've seen netherland dwarf rabbits with giant rabbits for example! Most people have non matching pairs, I do. I must admit when looking for buns I have normally gone with what I found cute, but if you don't mind then you can take your bunny to a rescue and ask them to pick who they think is best

No! You have given some absolutely terrible advice on here!

I have been keeping rabbits for thirty years. None of them have developed bad teeth long teeth. paralysed back legs, or digestive disorders. none of the females developed cancer of the womb. Apart from one who got killed by a dog. they have all lived in excess of 8 active years. You may not be surprised to hear that when I am in the park with a rabbit. people come over to remark on the fact that they have never seen a rabbit in the park before mine and go on to tell me how their rabbit died. In most cases they describe an illness which is associated to poor diet. or their children's handling of them. I do not say anything to them, as they now have dogs or cats they tell me. So no need to upset them. I am only interested in those who are now, or intend to keep a rabbit. Rabbits eat anything you give them, and the sweeter the better. So owners think they are being kind to feed them with what they love. This is a false belief Rabbits don't know what's good for their life long wellbeing. We should. but most don't, or if they do, they can't believe that the goodies they give them are bad for them. because hay and grass can't be right. But it is all horses need, all cows need. And all rabbits need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back