• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think I might loose Paddy :(

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
I'm not sure what happened, he may have bumped into the wall of the run outdoors which is metal. He is very little. I found him lying floppy, reluctant to get up breathing heavy and slow. He was also putting his head back and making loud nasal noises like a scream but not a scream. I'm certain it was a noise of pain :( I put my hands near his neck and chest to check for broken bones and he made the noises again twice really loud. OH has just arrived at the vet just now so I'm waiting on tenderhooks to find out what is wrong and whether or not he can be saved but it looked bad :( I assume he has broken something or punctured a lung even because of the breathing issue. I'm really not sure though any spare vibes and advice would be much appreciated though. I'm so worried, he is only a young bun and very special to us.

Oh no, poor boy. :(:( Hopefully things aren't as bad as they seem and the vet can do something for him. Lots of vibes. xx

Still no news :( All I know is that when they go floppy and have trouble breathing its bad. He always runs at high speed. If he has had a bump at that speed :(

I have a text, he is being examined and the vet is away to get some more equipment. Still no closer to knowing what is wrong :(

Well Dipsy my little 'special needs' bunny hit a brick wall during a MAD binky :shock: He literally just slid down it and was laying on the ground with his head split open on New Years Day. Rushed him to my vets and he admitted him, gave him pain relief and some other stuff, and then kept him under observation. The next morning he had a GA and x-rays. Everything fine, just needed cleaning and sutures. Think he had 5, it was quite a gash. I think the worse thing was his beautiful fluffy head was shaved, but all grown back now :D

Oh no! I hope they can help him!

It sounds like a parasite we've had a work before, a poor bun was all floppy, but alert. The vets put her on the bunny worming, panacur and a co-worker syringe fed her and took her home to keep warm. She eventually recovered, she was such a trooper and wanted to get better! Some rabbits get head tilt first off, but this one didn't, she was very lucky as a lot of rabbits don't make it.

I really hope your boy pulls through!

OH just called. It seems Paddy might be severely winded. He is being prepared for an x ray just in case. He has also been given three injections (steroid, gut stimulant and baytril) but the symptoms seem to be receding. He is no longer being floppy and seems to have strength in his body again (resisted the injections) the breathing has calmed down as well. I'm praying he will survive the GA but he doesn't seem to be in shock apparently. I'm scared though, I have already lost a bun under GA this year when he wasn't well either :( I can't lose anymore beautiful bunnies. I'm due at the vet later tis evening for booster vacs and and an exam for Elidore who has lumps on his body and possible arthritis. Its all so worrying :(

Thank you for the vibes everyone, I think Paddy will continue to need them at this stage but I do feel more hopeful about him, still scared though.

OH just called. It seems Paddy might be severely winded. He is being prepared for an x ray just in case. He has also been given three injections (steroid, gut stimulant and baytril) but the symptoms seem to be receding. He is no longer being floppy and seems to have strength in his body again (resisted the injections) the breathing has calmed down as well. I'm praying he will survive the GA but he doesn't seem to be in shock apparently. I'm scared though, I have already lost a bun under GA this year when he wasn't well either :( I can't lose anymore beautiful bunnies. I'm due at the vet later tis evening for booster vacs and and an exam for Elidore who has lumps on his body and possible arthritis. Its all so worrying :(

Thank you for the vibes everyone, I think Paddy will continue to need them at this stage but I do feel more hopeful about him, still scared though.

Lots and lots of healing vibes for Paddy. My vet didn't x-ray Dipsy under GA until the following day so as to make sure his normal breathing was properly re-established. Does Paddy absolutely need to have a GA so soon?

Back