• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

spay on monday

sheps

Warren Scout
i was able to book lola in for her spay on monday , i have to be there between 8 and 8.20 , they said that i will be giving her to to the nurse and then pick her up early afternoon , quite excited but nervous . at least all this nestign behaviour will stop hopefully and the digging on the carpet.

i had one when i was younger but i dont think she was spayed , but no this is a first , quite nervous but sure she be fine, on another post i asked about taking pellets and they said yes i should but im not sure if i need to take hay.

I was only asking because when my buns have gone in to be neutered and Pippa has just been spayed, I had a pre-op health check with my vet on the day, and once he was certain that she was absolutely fine she was spayed that day. Was just a bit concerned that they weren't planning to do that with yours because you said about giving her to a nurse. I didn't take pellets in as they told me they had everything there, but that does don't tend to eat as quickly so soon after a spay as boys do, and so she had a gut stimulant, to keep her well. She didn't want pellets, but I had left some herby leaves and parsley which is her absolute favourite with her and her bonded partner who went in with her, and she did nibble on those quite well. I would take something in, more like that for your bun to tempt her. I was a bit worried as well that she sounded like she was coming home a bit soon. Pippa went in early morning as well, but my vet never lets them home until after 1800hrs, so as to give them time to pee, poo, and drink if not eating, and by that time she was eating some parsley anyway, plus he likes to make sure they are very comfortable as well.

It is entirely up to you but I took a t-shirt in for Pippa to have on afterwards, because apparently does are more likely to worry with their sutures and make themselves sore, so Pippa's t-shirt stopped her doing that. She had a brilliant recovery, no problems what so ever, eating well the next day, post-op check up day 5. All was good.

I was only asking because when my buns have gone in to be neutered and Pippa has just been spayed, I had a pre-op health check with my vet on the day, and once he was certain that she was absolutely fine she was spayed that day. Was just a bit concerned that they weren't planning to do that with yours because you said about giving her to a nurse. I didn't take pellets in as they told me they had everything there, but that does don't tend to eat as quickly so soon after a spay as boys do, and so she had a gut stimulant, to keep her well. She didn't want pellets, but I had left some herby leaves and parsley which is her absolute favourite with her and her bonded partner who went in with her, and she did nibble on those quite well. I would take something in, more like that for your bun to tempt her. I was a bit worried as well that she sounded like she was coming home a bit soon. Pippa went in early morning as well, but my vet never lets them home until after 1800hrs, so as to give them time to pee, poo, and drink if not eating, and by that time she was eating some parsley anyway, plus he likes to make sure they are very comfortable as well.

It is entirely up to you but I took a t-shirt in for Pippa to have on afterwards, because apparently does are more likely to worry with their sutures and make themselves sore, so Pippa's t-shirt stopped her doing that. She had a brilliant recovery, no problems what so ever, eating well the next day, post-op check up day 5. All was good.

thank you for replying.well i called them and they said drop her in and that the nurse will take her , i said that ill ask the vet to cut her claws aswell and the reception person said i wont see the vet . she said that she should be ready early afternoon but i have work in the afternoon so when i drop her off ill tell them when i finish at 6. and all they said was dont starve her and bring her in at 8-8.20 , the vet is rabbit-savvy

do you have to pay extra for that ?

Vets SHOULD include it as part of the spay, but often do not, so yes, you may have to.

Think of a spay like a woman having a hysterectomy. Think of having a hysterectomy without pain relief after...

I paid £75 for Pippa and £65 for the boys, but it was a total price, and included pre and post op checks, and all drugs including metacam, and she had injections of pain relief, gut stimulant and antibiotics.

Back