• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good vets recommendations please - somerset - specifically frome

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
Hi

We are moving to wiltshire in about 2 months time and i want to get our bunnies a new good vets before we move. Can anyone recommend one for me in the bath area?

Many thanks

Ed its actually somerset. Geography is not my strong point :(

Last edited:
They look excellent.

I'm a bit confused, though, as Bath is in Somerset so perhaps the OP is looking for a Somerset vet rather than a Wiltshire vet? (I'm not too sure how far apart they are).

Where are you getting Bath from :?

GWE are in Swindon

Swindon is in Wiltshire... It's not too far from Bath though... depending on which part of Wiltshire

I second the recommendation for Great Western Exotics tough. They are absolutely wonderful, can't recommend them enough.

xx

Swindon is in Wiltshire, so you're spot on for that Jane. It's not too far from Bath either, but thats technically Somerset I think...

I second the recommendation for Great Western Exotics. They are absolutely wonderful, can't recommend them enough.

xx

I must have it wrong - I thought Swindon was about 50 miles from Bath. :roll:

About 30 I think... my geography and distances may be a bit warped though. I'm the Bath side of Swindon so it feels a but closer for me!! Plus I commuted stupid distances for work which changed my idea of what is 'too far' I guess!!

We moving to a village a short drive from bath but is in wiltshire i think. We will pay council tax to mendip? I know swindon is commutable from there though...

I not really sure about geography of the south. Im from midlands. ;)

Thank you for vet though.i will investigate later on the proper computer:D

A large part of Wiltshire sits next to Bath (so you'd want to be looking for vets around Limpley Stoke, Bradford on Avon, Trowbridge or Melksham). But if you're paying council tax to Mendip, you're actually in Somerset not Wiltshire, so Frome or Midsomer Norton might be closer.

Please excuse my geographical ignorance (and without giving away where i will be living at all - trying to stay a bit safe online) but has anyone had any experiences of garston vets in frome? :lol:

In my defence, i am from the midlands. Although im excited, Bath area wasnt my choice to move to and i have only visited a few times. Im petrified of the move though and worried because of car heat now and bernies eye.

I Worry a lot and about every thing.

They look excellent.

I'm a bit confused, though, as Bath is in Somerset so perhaps the OP is looking for a Somerset vet rather than a Wiltshire vet? (I'm not too sure how far apart they are).

Bath is in its own authority: BANES (Bath And North East Somerset)! What a great name eh!

I have found Somerset to be lacking in rabbit vets in general. I know GrahamL recommended one in Bridgwater but that's all I've heard about. Nothing around Frome sadly.

Bath is in its own authority: BANES (Bath And North East Somerset)! What a great name eh!

I have found Somerset to be lacking in rabbit vets in general. I know GrahamL recommended one in Bridgwater but that's all I've heard about. Nothing around Frome sadly.

Boo to frome! Thanks anyways. :D

Back