• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby wildie on its own?!

carolineclair

Warren Scout
Saw a baby wildie today where a dive who was very happy sitting about a meter from me while eating some grass. He looked about the size of my Dutch at 8-9 weeks. Apparantly he's been seen the past few days but no other rabbits have been seen. Looks perfectly healthy but so small to be on its own and seems strange that he wasn't particularly nervy of me?

Just want to know if I should be worried for him or leave anything out for him?

Yep, leave him be. Don't bother leaving anything out for him either as it's highly unlikely he'll have it. We have wild bunnies by us and I put some hay out - they never touched it so I didn't bother again. You can't leave them anything out anyway really; if you give muesli or pellets or even greens/fruit, you are quite likely to upset his very young stomach and that could have dire consequences for him/her.

I strongly suspect the nest is closer than you think and he hasn't really been abandoned/kicked out - he's just exploring where he lives.

yep leave him, I often only see 1 baby rabbit on its own but then a few days later I drive down the same stretch of road and they're everywhere :lol:

Definitely leave him be. I see baby bunnies everyday where I live, they cope really well on their own :wave:

Back