• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop is weeing intentionally on my Sofa

RoRoUK

New Kit
Pumpkin and Snowdrop have shared my sitting room with me for a number of years. Historically, every now and again Snowdrop would do a wee on my leather sofa 'at' me to prove it was her sofa. This didn't matter as I would wipe it off the leather and disinfect the area. :lol:

I was given a longer sofa about a year and a half ago and she did ocassional wees on it to prove it was hers. However, more recently she is weeing regularly on it and I am having to wash the covers habitually and sponge out the offending wee!

I think it is because I have more recently started lying down on it at night before bed and she is genuinely trying to make a point that it belongs to her.

Pumpkin will happily come up there for cuddle with me. Snowdrop will come up there too for a nose around and to see if I have food treats.

But, I am often greeted the next day with a wee done sometime during the previous night.

I've put a couple of picnic blankets on and 'left' the last two wees on the blankets and so she has not needed to mark the sofa a third time, but, trust me, if i removed the blankets and put the freshly washed covers back on today, she would wee on them.

So, my question is, what is the best way to stop this? I want them to be happily able to access the sofa - they often sleep on it and it's nice to lie down and cuddle/stroke them.

Should I get one of those hideous plastic covers and slip that on and off the sofa when I am not in the room? if so, does anyone recommend a particular product?

I would be grateful for any insight as this has become a wee too far! :shock:

Block their access to the sofa?

It sounds as if Snowdrop wants to be the boss.......and being rather messy about it.

My two bunnies have their own sofa in their conservatory and usually one or both of them do a little tinkle in the night. I think that they are so comfy, they can't be bothered to get down and use their litter trays!!!

I have a thick layer of five towels which get changed every couple of days.

Last edited:
Back