• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to start bonding?

luna

Mama Doe
Hi,

I just need some clarification about the waiting period after spaying a rabbit before bonding can begin. My doe Rosie is 4 weeks post op now and I was thinking of starting the process with my neutered male this weekend but I dont want to be rushing things either. should I wait another couple of weeks or would it be okay to start soon. She was spayed at 3 1/2 months so wasnt overly hormonal to begin with. Thanks for reading :)

Hi,

I just need some clarification about the waiting period after spaying a rabbit before bonding can begin. My doe Rosie is 4 weeks post op now and I was thinking of starting the process with my neutered male this weekend but I dont want to be rushing things either. should I wait another couple of weeks or would it be okay to start soon. She was spayed at 3 1/2 months so wasnt overly hormonal to begin with. Thanks for reading :)

How olds the buck? Has he reached maturity yet?

Hi,

She should have healed both externally and internally by now, so as long as both Rabbits are well you could start bonding them. Good luck xx

My buck is a neutered one year old. The reason I ask about the timing is because I always waited only two weeks after neuters to bond my other rabbits but read on here that its a good idea to wait til 6 weeks post neuter in case there are residual hormones left that could affect the bond?

I know that with my current boy Bobby, that his spraying didnt stop til 5 weeks post neuter along with alot of his other bold habits so Im just hoping that Rosie doesnt still have some pesky hormones hanging about:roll:

I would love to start the bond this weekend though, its been a long road to get here and I am looking forward to not having so many different setups in the house and re- claiming some of our home again. Phew!!!

Back