• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I found Muffin dead this afternoon

Rach210

Alpha Buck
He was only 10 months old, although he was very runty - tiny and skinny. He came from a horrible back-yard-breeder so didn't get the best start in life.

He wasn't ill, he spent most of his fun time in his tunnel yesterday but he was a very placid rabbit anyway and not always very active, so we assumed he was feeling extra lazy because of the heat.

I found him dead in his hutch today and he hadn't eaten any of his hay so I guess he went into stasis after we'd put him in his hutch and gone to bed.

I feel guilty because I should have realised something was wrong and got him sen at the vets yesterday.

I'm gutted because he was such a sweetie and because he would have made the perfect companion for Misty when she's spayed.

I hate having an empty hutch, it makes me sad seeing it rabbit less.

I am so sorry Muffin died so suddenly but I am also sure Muffin had far more fun and joy in a short life with you than he would have ever had without you.

Thanks everyone.

TracyBeakerIsland I like to think so, he as better with me than in the dirty, smelly, hayless mud pen his 'breeder' had him in with about 10 other rabbits.

He liked to sit on his box and was the only bunny I've ever seen try and climb the bars on the run.

Back