• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do schools still have animals to take home?

nori

Young Bun
My friends little girl had the class guinea pigs for the weekend. Does anyone think this should be stopped? Its quite stressful for an animal to move home let alone every weekend to a home full of kids.

One of the teachers at my moms school asked her to ask me if she though a rabbit or some guinea pigs would make good class pets :shock: for 5 year olds :shock: I've been in that class.. Terrors! Loud etc.

I just looked at her and said "you are joking aren't you?" And came out with every reason why she should nip the idea in the bud now and if she wanted the kids to learn about pets then I would be more than happy to make a kid friendly presentation and go in to talk to them.. She said fair enough :lol: She knew what I'd say anyway and she thought it was a bad idea too.

It's because she used to take her rabbit into class at her old school every day in his 3ft cage then take him home :?

Back