• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dear PM, a rabbit shouldn't desire ice cream this much.

BettyLu

Alpha Buck
No you can't get it through the bottom

E7EAC109-6AA6-422C-AADC-63337EB926C9-1816-00000104D3A119CA_zps28a88fcb.jpg

BUT IT'S SO CLOSE.

9EF0A594-39E1-48AB-B008-92E1C49353FB-1816-00000104F2B2522A_zps0c57a7db.jpg

I wonder if Ben and Jerrys have considered making carrot flavoured rabbit friendly non diary mush. Until then, dear Patrick,ice cream will never be yours.

To be honest, I think you're wrong.....he probably could get it through the bottom ;):lol:

My OH is obsessive about the fact PM is fat and greedy and needs to be put on a diet. He called him a 'sack of beans' the other day. But he really doesn't get much to eat! Maybe when he has a wife he will be less focused on people food.

Awww...PM, you are fast becoming one of my RU favourites you little criminal you!

That is MUMMY'S Ben and Jerry's, not yours!!

:lol:

My bridge bunny Roger who was severely disabled had a passion for knobbly bobbly ice lollies, and we shared one every night :lol: Roger rarely kept to just his side and usually ate most of mine as well. He was a food monster, and before he lost all his mobility, one day I was aware of a horrible smell in the lounge and kept eyeing Roger suspiciously, but unable to find anything to cause it. Then he disappeared into his bunny tent and remerged trying to chew something, but his mouth seemed stuck together :shock: aha now I had a lead ;)

In his tent I found most of a large packet of chocolate digestive biscuits, a half eaten packet of wotsits, part of a cheese topped bread roll, rolos (which was what he was trying to eat, but the toffee was sticking his teeth together) :lol: AND a kfc chicken drumstick :shock::shock: The cause of the smell had been established, and it was all promptly disposed off while Roger gave me such evils I'm surprised I didn't just die on the spot.

I know he shouldn't have been eating half of what he did and ice lollies, but as my vet said, we didn't know how long I had left with Roger, and we were taking it a day at a time, even though amazingly Simon actually looked after Roger, and supported the both of us, and even got him through 3 emergency ops when it was touch and go, for nearly 4 years :D:D before loosing him last September, and the plan was to just spoil him rotten, let him have whatever he wanted within reason, and just make the most of every single day we had. Obviously, if he had been a well, young bunny, no way would he have got what he wanted.

My bridge bunny Roger who was severely disabled had a passion for knobbly bobbly ice lollies, and we shared one every night :lol: Roger rarely kept to just his side and usually ate most of mine as well. He was a food monster, and before he lost all his mobility, one day I was aware of a horrible smell in the lounge and kept eyeing Roger suspiciously, but unable to find anything to cause it. Then he disappeared into his bunny tent and remerged trying to chew something, but his mouth seemed stuck together :shock: aha now I had a lead ;)

In his tent I found most of a large packet of chocolate digestive biscuits, a half eaten packet of wotsits, part of a cheese topped bread roll, rolos (which was what he was trying to eat, but the toffee was sticking his teeth together) :lol: AND a kfc chicken drumstick :shock::shock: The cause of the smell had been established, and it was all promptly disposed off while Roger gave me such evils I'm surprised I didn't just die on the spot.

I know he shouldn't have been eating half of what he did and ice lollies, but as my vet said, we didn't know how long I had left with Roger, and we were taking it a day at a time, even though amazingly Simon actually looked after Roger, and supported the both of us, and even got him through 3 emergency ops when it was touch and go, for nearly 4 years :D:D before loosing him last September, and the plan was to just spoil him rotten, let him have whatever he wanted within reason, and just make the most of every single day we had. Obviously, if he had been a well, young bunny, no way would he have got what he wanted.

hahahahah oh my, what a greedy little bun!! He clearly thought he was a person!! A fat person at that!!
:)

By the way PM doesn't look at all fat to me, in fact he looks a prime example of a very much loved, well-cared for bunny. I hope if that is what you want, that it works out with a hunbun for Patrick, but sometimes when bunnies have as much attention as PM and Roger did, I think they become more like fur people, and to be honest, even before Roger's stroke and the resulting paralysis he absolutely hated going outdoors, after 3yrs as a house bunny, and it was the only time he scratched me, when he would be trying frantically to scrabble up my arms so as to not be put down on the horrid grass, and Roger refused to bond and only ever wanted human companions. So there is a possibility that to bond him with another bunny, and house him outdoors if that is what you are intending, may just be his idea of a living hell and not enhancing his life as you would think.

Because of how much he interacts with you, I personally would take him to a rescue and let him meet some buns and see what he thinks, before actually taking on another bunny. Roger seemed to view other buns as a threat to his comfy, over-indulged life style, and maybe PM might feel the same. Hope you don't mind me saying, it's just that most people think bonded buns are absolutely essential to a bun's complete happiness, but I think as more and more bunnies are now kept indoors, and they interact so much more as a member of the family instead of just being the rabbit outside, that some of them can become jealous and really dislike another adopted bunny sibling, sometimes like brothers and sisters really dislike each other.

hahahahah oh my, what a greedy little bun!! He clearly thought he was a person!! A fat person at that!!
:)

Oh dear, you have no idea how much I wanted Roger to be a fat bun, but because of all his problems and being a medium sized dwarf lop, the best weight I could get him too was 4lbs, and that was syringe feeding him Recovery food as well on top of everything else he ate. I was so paranoid about trying to build him up so that if he had another health emergency, he would be more robust to cope with it.

My OH is obsessive about the fact PM is fat and greedy and needs to be put on a diet. He called him a 'sack of beans' the other day. But he really doesn't get much to eat! Maybe when he has a wife he will be less focused on people food.

:lol: nope you'll just have two bunnies to fend off when you want to eat :lol:

Back