• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Some Good Vibes

Cari

Warren Veteran
For a safe trip and a good vet appointment with the vet for Ellie's teefy pegs today. :( they're both in the carrier and not happy at all. :(

She's got to stay in :( need to drain the abcess, start her on different antibiotics and remove any loose teeth. I'm terrified and crying and going to be very poor as it's a £300 operation which she's not insured for and I can't afford.

She's got to stay in :( need to drain the abcess, start her on different antibiotics and remove any loose teeth. I'm terrified and crying and going to be very poor as it's a £300 operation which she's not insured for and I can't afford.

I really thought this would be the case Cari, but it does seem to be a positive step in the right direction, and she really is in brilliant hands. Simon and Kim have done more ops than I can remember over the years, but all went extremely well, and dentistry work is very much his speciality. Will she come home tomorrow? Try not to be to upset, it really is for the best, and I have every faith that when you bring her home she will then be on the road to recovery, as oppose to still trying to find a way forward xx

Last edited:
She's coming home today all being well as I can't afford to keep her overnight and I'm working all day tomorrow 7-21.30 so wouldn't be able to collect her.

She's coming home today all being well as I can't afford to keep her overnight and I'm working all day tomorrow 7-21.30 so wouldn't be able to collect her.

Is it a lot to have her in overnight for a couple of nights? It's £7.50 a night at FHB so might not be as bad as you think if she needs to be in. It might be better if you're going to be out all day tomorrow. It's awful when they are having stuff done but you have to remember that it's the rght thing for her. Chin up honey. xx

Ok well, if she does stay in it is about £11, and if she does need to I really would follow their advice. I can collect her for you if needed tomorrow as am going to see Simon anyway at 10.30, and am happy to bunnysit her for you. Would she be ok to leave on her own all day? I have got a spare room and am at home if you'd rather she had ongoing care throughout the day and observation. Wouldn't be a problem at all and of course Stephen could come as well.

Is it a lot to have her in overnight for a couple of nights? It's £7.50 a night at FHB so might not be as bad as you think if she needs to be in. It might be better if you're going to be out all day tomorrow. It's awful when they are having stuff done but you have to remember that it's the rght thing for her. Chin up honey. xx

That's what I was thinking to be honest. Better to be safe than sorry when she has had such a lot done, and like I say, I can bring her back in the morning after Simon will have had another look at her.

Good wishes for ellie's pp. I am glad done of the teeth are loose enough to be removed.

Our overnight stays vary in cost, if they stay in after an OP it's usually free if bunny is doing ok. However it can cost up to £30 for overnight stay with nursing and medicine, which usually works out cheaper than paying for drugs etc individually

The vet thinks she'll be ok to come home, just wanted to keep an eye on her to make sure.

Collected her as she is fine. Large abcess was infected lymph nodes, not connected to skin or jaw so the whole thing has been removed, teeth done again and jaw abcess flushed and drained. Different antibiotics and double the strength of pain killers. Just want to get home and cuddle now.

Collected her as she is fine. Large abcess was infected lymph nodes, not connected to skin or jaw so the whole thing has been removed, teeth done again and jaw abcess flushed and drained. Different antibiotics and double the strength of pain killers. Just want to get home and cuddle now.

awesome, just wish it could have been done sooner for poor ellie.
But I'm so happy it's not her teeths!!!! xxxxx

eta: wait just re-read, did she have two lumps?
One on the jaw and another one?
Sorry if I'm behind :oops: give her cuddles from me xxx

Back