• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is Hayforpets Meadow hay like?

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
As title says really, I am needing to order some more hay and I think I may try a different type this time. In the past I have tried timothy&rye and I've been feeding INGS for a couple of months. Although they do love INGS I have noticed that now they are not so overly enthusiastic about it as such anymore and I think a change or mixing another hay in will be a good idea.

The INGS is lovely fresh smelling, green , nice really long strands but I think they may prefer to have softer and not so thick strands maybe. They will happily eat it as I say but I want to give them a wider variety now.

The farm bales I get at the moment are unfortunately not very good, not good enough to be used as main eating hay otherwise I would mix baled hay and INGS. I am really hoping bales will be a lot better this year but who knows!

If anybody gets Meadow hay bales from Hay For Pets then would be great If you could share a photo so I can see what it is like before I decide.

Thanks in advance :wave:

I haven't had meadow hay from them for a while. It was a bit like the Ingys hay but much more green and less brown. Length and feel was the same. I had a few batches that had too much flat leafy grass in it so I stopped ordering it and stick to Ings now.

I've had both from them but the buns far preferred the Ings. The meadow is very nice though! Why not buy a small bag?

I had to buy one for Charlie as she will only eat meadow, it came a week ago and it's so stalky, she loves it :love:

Back