• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

chasing and nipping.. space or dominance , is this ok????

i have been slowly bonding connie and rufus for the last 2 weeks, all seems to be going ok when they were in the house, (neutral territory) so i decided to move the pen outside as they are outdoor buns..It seems to have gone fine for the last 2 days but as soon as i increased the space she began to chase and nip him and a little mounting too, could this be because she sees this as her territory? is it ok for them to chase? . it only lasts a minute or so and it does calm down again after, I have currently made the run smaller again to see if this stops it.

They do snuggle up together, they share a litter tray whilst in the run and she grooms him alot but he just wont return the favour as yet. i still split them at night into their own hutches but am concerned that this is a step backwards..

i have been slowly bonding connie and rufus for the last 2 weeks, all seems to be going ok when they were in the house, (neutral territory) so i decided to move the pen outside as they are outdoor buns..It seems to have gone fine for the last 2 days but as soon as i increased the space she began to chase and nip him and a little mounting too, could this be because she sees this as her territory? is it ok for them to chase? . it only lasts a minute or so and it does calm down again after, I have currently made the run smaller again to see if this stops it.

They do snuggle up together, they share a litter tray whilst in the run and she grooms him alot but he just wont return the favour as yet. i still split them at night into their own hutches but am concerned that this is a step backwards..

Are they both neutered/sprayed?

Back