• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why doesn't Molly like me? :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I just can't figure her out :( I thought we were making progress, she went a couple of days without biting my ankles, but now she's back to biting me again :( she's got a big bedroom all to herself with loads of space and stuff to do, she let's us stroke her (when she feels like it), she comes to me for food etc, but she just seems to dislike me! She doesn't bite my OH!!! I feed her, clean her out, and spend much more time with her than he does. I just don't understand :?

I just can't figure her out :( I thought we were making progress, she went a couple of days without biting my ankles, but now she's back to biting me again :( she's got a big bedroom all to herself with loads of space and stuff to do, she let's us stroke her (when she feels like it), she comes to me for food etc, but she just seems to dislike me! She doesn't bite my OH!!! I feed her, clean her out, and spend much more time with her than he does. I just don't understand :?

When she nips you what are you doing just prior to the event ?

Hiya :wave:

My Millie used to bite me big time but not my OH. I have an inch long scar on my hand to prove it - that bite really hurt!

Anyhow, I took her to the vet as I saw a post on here about buns biting when they are in pain. It turned put that Millie had pain in her abdomen/bladder area and was put on baytril.

I don't know if it was coincidence but she hasn't bitten me since. She did bite the volunteers at Hopper Haven when she stopped for her holidays though but that could have been fear of the unknown.

She could just be exerting her will with her being such a little character!

Hope she settles down and stops soon xx

Oh no :cry: What happened to her bonding with Olly? Thought they were doing ok? Maybe she isn't liking being by herself??

The bond didn't work out :( yes i do think she's lonely and a little bit nervous in the room on her own :( i can't decide whether to return her to the rescue or not :( if i do she will be stuck back in her little hutch, with exercise once a week, in a room next to the dog block where she's frightened to death with all the barking, and a woman intent on picking all the bunnies up so they get used to being handled (Molly hates it). Also the hutch is full of shredded paper which she was eating like hay before i rescued her :(
Its very difficult to know what to do :(

Does she just bite you when you're in her room because it could be a territorial problem Is it a quick nip or a full on bite? Sometimes a nip is a buns way of asking for more stroking or treats How do you respond to her biting?

Back