• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

injections dilemma

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
Hi all,

I Was wondering if anyone has any advice on vaccinations?

One of my bunnies is due their vaccinations but other isnt due until start ofseptember (one is new). He is booked in for next week and a house bunny so im not too worried in the interim but wondered if it was worth getting both vaccinated at the same time?

My reasons are:

1. Convenience
2. We are moving to the south west and i keep hearing about mixi in the area and i worry.

I would never want to do anything to hurt my bunnies and also worry if they were to be vaccinated early, would it be harmful. Am i just creating drama for myself?:lol:

What does anyone think?

I would have them both vaccinated at the same time. You could, perhaps, give your vet a ring if you feel uncertain, but that is what I would do - for the reasons you mention.

We rescued a stray and as we did not know his history we were worried about getting him vaccinated (what if his previous owner had him done juse before he escaped). Our vet looked it up and found there should be no issues. :D

I would get them both done at the same time so its easier.

We rescued a stray and as we did not know his history we were worried about getting him vaccinated (what if his previous owner had him done juse before he escaped). Our vet looked it up and found there should be no issues. :D

I would get them both done at the same time so its easier.

I think you are both right. I will call our vet on monday and make sure its ok to book them in next week.

Thanks for the reassurance :)

Get them both done. Mine were due July and august and I had them both done this week (after calling 3 different vets and asking on here.:D

I asked a vet this exact question last year and she also confirmed that there's no problem vaccinating a little early :wave:

Back