• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really disappointed :(

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Now I've had a closer look at the new hutch, I've noticed that its just got a thin plywood floor, compared to the last one which is all solid wood. There is also no batons around the edges so its even more likely that any dampness will seep into the plywood and eventually warp and rot it. I've just emailed the hutch builder :( Don't know what to do, I'm really disappointed :( Also the smaller doors I mentioned in my post yesterday do make access more difficult, I can c it being hard to get into the back corners for cleaning. I could just cry right now :cry:

How disappointing - you think you're doing your best and then it all seems to go wrong. Hope you get some help from the person who built it.

What a shame.

A friend had a similar issue with a hutch and it got water damaged so quickly so she sent it back and got a refund.

Have you considered a Wendy house or shed? You can get them quite cheap and they're usually better quality wood.

I didn't really 'need' a new hutch, I needed a run, but I was so pleased with the other hutch from him that I wanted the same for H&D. I considered a shed but for various reasons decided to stick to a hutch. I have ordered several things lately and been disappointed with 90% of it, it's so disheartening :(

Back