• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neighbours found rabbits dumped in the creek near our house!

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
A neighbour of ours saw a guy drive up in a truck and take a box down the creek. A minute or so later he came up with the box (now empty) and sped off. The neighbour went down to investigate and found two bunnies. :evil: He took them in and put them in a large dog crate. Another neighbour offered to foster them (the guy who found them has a large dog who was just a bit too interested in the bunnies) and knocked on my door last night for advice! He was doing really well with them - he had timothy hay, oxbow pellets, a water dish and some dark leafy greens for them. The dog crate had been furnished with a litter box (filled with carefresh), a fleecey blanket and a cardboard box. They seemed healthy, if a little on the thin side, active and happy. They clearly haven't been interacted with much, but with a little food bribery and a stable environment I'm sure they'll do well.

I took round a few toys that Ailise never plays with and also a copy of the care sheet that Oakland Animal Services produces for their adopted bunnies. Our neighbour seems to want to keep them but he's not sure whether they'll be suitable for his home. If he struggles to cope he can take them to Oakland Animal Services and I will make sure they're adopted to a great home (I volunteer there).

Pictures now added! This is when they were first picked up. They're now in a bigger, comfier crate than this.

1044515_10151695066995240_722004336_n.jpg

AMETHYST

Last edited:
How can people live with themselves after doing something so callous :evil: :cry:

I honestly don't know. It restores my faith in humanity though that the reaction of my little neighbourhood was of outrage, disgust, anger and a strong desire to help these little bunnies. Joe (the guy who now has them) is a wonderful, generous and kind person who I feel completely happy about having these little bunnies.

AMETHYST

I don't understand how people can just abandon animals...I am so confused about my 4 whom I took over when the woman living next door to me just left them when she moved. They were obviously cared for - so how can she just leave them?:roll:

I am so pleased your neighbour is looking after those 2 - and well done to the neighbour for being so curious - I dread to think what would have happened to them otherwise.

It makes me sad that people can do this. However whoever dumped miss binky. Thank you. However expensive she has been I would not change it she is so loving and calm . She will have a head rub forever and just flop out in front of you. Which confuses me as she must have been very loved at one time .

I am glad the bunnies were found.... in time!

i hope they do find their forever homes........fingers crossed
Fee x

This was how I got Mimzy. Dumped with his two REW 'brothers' at my OH's business by some folks we think had been there the day before as they were asking all sorts of leading questions and talking about moving out of state. :roll:
People just take me to the dizzy limit sometimes. Hope karma bites the abandoner back somewhere down the line soon.
Thank God the bunnies are safe and will hopefully have good homes lined up for them. Poor bubs.

Oh dear god... Thank goodness someone witnessed it and put things to rights. Two buns with a happier ending.:love:

Poor bunnies, they are so cute how could anyone do that. Sounds as though their luck has changed now though!

The brown and black one looks like my Millie.:love:

Lucky bunnies! Glad they're safe, grrr at people dumping animals who have no way to fend for themselves :censored: We had a bloke come in asking for help as he found a rabbit running around and had no clue how to look after her. Poor thing was undrweight and looked like she had a matted bum but was cut and had very thin fur in places. He's kept her as a house rabbit having never had rabbits before. :love:

Has he checked the sexes yet? Hate to think he's got one of each.

Back