• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding London area, desperately trying to find somewhere

BettyLu

Alpha Buck
I posted a while back about finding somewhere to look after PM for a few days at the end of July, but everywhere I've found is far and he hates hates hates long car journeys. I really would like to find somewhere local if anyone can help I'd be so happy, as both my friend and my parents are away at the same time as me so my usual options are gone. I'd really like to avoid taking him up to Sheffield because the journey will not be fun for him :(

edit: I'm in south east london/kent area

Last edited:
:( it's one of the reasons I'm considering starting one. It's very much a pipe dream at the moment though. Can no one pet sit?

Have you tried your local vets? Sometimes vet nurses do boarding on the side :)

:( it's one of the reasons I'm considering starting one. It's very much a pipe dream at the moment though. Can no one pet sit?

No I can't really ask anyone to give up their weekend to stay at mine really. Wanna trial run your bunny boarding with a naughty mini rex? Haha

No I can't really ask anyone to give up their weekend to stay at mine really. Wanna trial run your bunny boarding with a naughty mini rex? Haha

:lol: There isn't currently a building :p it's all in my head at the moment! And some not-very-well-drawn-drawings :lol:

I have but I don't know if I trust any of the ones in my area, I don't want to leave him with just *anyone* you know, need a recommendation really. Most of the ones near me have 4ft hutches, so immediately that concerns me

I did notice that the hutches were 4ft and that would put me off, wish you lived nearer us, but hopefully somebody on RU may help if they live near you , Good Luck :thumb:

What route will you be taking up to Sheffield, is there anywhere you could drop off en route so the journey is a little shorter than taking them all the way with you. If you're going m25 dartford and up that way, you could try the rabbit residence just off the m11 at Royston, or happy bunnies up the a12 near Colchester. Or if you're going the other way round the m25, somewhere like Helen's at the rabbit crossing. July isn't far away though so all the decent places may well be booked by now. Hope you manage to sort something x

My mum lives in Blackheath, she maybe happy to go and fed them in your home. You could met her first, so you would feel comfortable with her visiting.

Hello,

I am probably the wrong side of London for you, but here is a list of boarders which I pass on to people when I am full. The list was initially compiled by Bunny Bunkhouse at Fleet, and lists boarding establishments which have been personally visited by them or recommended by customers who have used them or visited them and been impressed. Obviously, everyone's views are individual, and they might be a little way out but most have websites so they may give you a starting point if you were prepared for a bit of a detour:

The Little Warrens - Farnborough - thelittlewarrens@yahoo.co.uk or 07854 893146
Bunny Holidays - Farnham - therabbithutch@aol.com or 01252 314993
Doe Drop Inn - Frimley - 07515 413072
The Rabbit Crossing Rescue - Windlesham - therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk
Winnersh Warren - Winnersh - 07931 762146
Dandelion Den - Woodley, Reading - 0118 9541223/07823 322015
Reggie's Retreat - Bracknell - info@reggiesretreat.co.uk or 07808 728786
Cottontail Cottages - Micheldever - 01962 774818 or 07771 927850
The Guinea Pig Getaway - Newbury - 01635 600687 or 07519 558963
Aunty Sally's - Ripley - boarding@auntysallys.co.uk or 07931 147955
Bobtails Rescue - East Ewell - bobtailsrescue@aol.com or 020 8393 2016
Farm Pet Boarding - Chessington - 07545 372081 - ask for 6ft hutch option
The Warren - Ifold - 07825 021811
Katie's Bunny Boarding - Guildford - 07921 351135/01483 825488 - ask for 8ft hutch option

Hope you get sorted,
Jenny

My mum lives in Blackheath, she maybe happy to go and fed them in your home. You could met her first, so you would feel comfortable with her visiting.

This is SUCH a kind offer, but I am hoping to find somewhere to board him so he isn't alone for most of the day. Thank you so much though.

Hello,

I am probably the wrong side of London for you, but here is a list of boarders which I pass on to people when I am full. The list was initially compiled by Bunny Bunkhouse at Fleet, and lists boarding establishments which have been personally visited by them or recommended by customers who have used them or visited them and been impressed. Obviously, everyone's views are individual, and they might be a little way out but most have websites so they may give you a starting point if you were prepared for a bit of a detour:

The Little Warrens - Farnborough - thelittlewarrens@yahoo.co.uk or 07854 893146
Bunny Holidays - Farnham - therabbithutch@aol.com or 01252 314993
Doe Drop Inn - Frimley - 07515 413072
The Rabbit Crossing Rescue - Windlesham - therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk
Winnersh Warren - Winnersh - 07931 762146
Dandelion Den - Woodley, Reading - 0118 9541223/07823 322015
Reggie's Retreat - Bracknell - info@reggiesretreat.co.uk or 07808 728786
Cottontail Cottages - Micheldever - 01962 774818 or 07771 927850
The Guinea Pig Getaway - Newbury - 01635 600687 or 07519 558963
Aunty Sally's - Ripley - boarding@auntysallys.co.uk or 07931 147955
Bobtails Rescue - East Ewell - bobtailsrescue@aol.com or 020 8393 2016
Farm Pet Boarding - Chessington - 07545 372081 - ask for 6ft hutch option
The Warren - Ifold - 07825 021811
Katie's Bunny Boarding - Guildford - 07921 351135/01483 825488 - ask for 8ft hutch option

Hope you get sorted,
Jenny

Thank you - I have spoken to Bobtails as they are near, they are fully booked as a lady is boarding 26 rabbits with them for a month! But they are going to try and help find someone in my local area. Fingers crossed.

I'm near Bromley/ Croydon!

Edit: I could get to Woking as a detour on way to Sheffield?

I don't know if GBH Rescue in Beckenham could help you out for a short while. I don't think they normally do boarding but you could always try contacting them if you're in a tight spot.

I posted a while back about finding somewhere to look after PM for a few days at the end of July, but everywhere I've found is far and he hates hates hates long car journeys. I really would like to find somewhere local if anyone can help I'd be so happy, as both my friend and my parents are away at the same time as me so my usual options are gone. I'd really like to avoid taking him up to Sheffield because the journey will not be fun for him :(

edit: I'm in south east london/kent area

You could try Hoppy Holidays in Pershore - when i drive up to Pershore from Eltham it takes around 3 hours however she is always booked up and I think she is until September - just shows how good and caring she is.

Back