• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a new way to feed readigrass so that it's constantly available

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
As above really. I currently feed it on a bowl but it gets everywhere and sometimes ends up being weed in :)roll:). The pieces are too small for a hay rack (I use the 15kg sack of readigrass which means the pieces are shorter). Something like a gravity feeder would be ideal but they all seem too small. Something like this would be ideal, but again too small: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400487479793?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any ideas?

I have readigrass from the bale and pack it into the hay ball they have, it's the 12cm (I think) diameter one off zooplus :)

I have readigrass from the bale and pack it into the hay ball they have, it's the 12cm (I think) diameter one off zooplus :)

Hmm okay I'll give that a try and see how it goes! N&T didn't seem to like those balls that much, but they might with this! I'll have to put a hook up somewhere though..hmm!

Something more like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pick-and-..._Fitting_POS_Equipment_ET&hash=item4d0649b58b

Ermm I'm just thinking what else is big that things fall down through but stay fresh in *scratches head*

Yes, something like that would be ideal! What a shame it's £18 :( Bit too far to stretch for my budget :oops:

Saw a squirrel proof bird feeder at the weekend and thought that would be good for this kind of thing, but would need to check holes/bunnys head size to make sure they couldn't get stuck. Or some sort of carrier bag dispenser? Assuming they wouldn't chew and consume the actual fabric?

Can you not buy a ball of string and make yourself a good old fashioned hay net? Soooooo easy to make and very cheap too. You could make the holes as small as you need so that the readigrass doesn't just fall through.

If you come up with anything, please let me know, I put Rolo's in a dish but he flips the dish up and it ends up everywhere!!!

I also need something like this, so let me know if you find anything! At the moment I use a heavy ceramic 2litre dog bowl, but it doesn't contain enough to last more than a few hours :(

Back