• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your long term bonded bunnies hump?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Mine do :roll: mainly Lilly to Harvey, but neither seem to mind being humped by the other, although today Harvey did chase Lilly after a session today, but when/if he catches her he forgets why he's chasing her and grooms her :roll:

The funny thing is that Lilly does is to Harvey when she gets over excited!! So if I play with her, or new people come over and talk to her and pay attention to her, or I put a new toy in, or if she's just had a massive binky session, are all triggers for her to climb on Harvey!!

They've been bonded for nearly one and a half years yet they hump almost every day!!!! Are they weird or do all bonded bunnies like to get intimate? :lol:

Sometimes. They are a bit at the moment because of the weather

Maybe it is the weather for my two too? I just almost seems to be a daily ritual!

I can't help but hysterically laugh though :oops: especially when Harvey has a go, because he's smaller than Lilly he often falls off, and he goes so fast he just looks like he's vibrating :lol:

Occasionally. It always seems so half arsed though, and it's virtually always backwards.:lol:

:lol: I love it when they get the wrong end, Lilly often gets on Harvey's head, and he'll always lie down because he thinks he's getting a head rub :oops::roll: in fact he only ever eats annoyed if she gets on the proper end :lol:

Bilbo does it all the time to Cloud....but never to Pooka :? I think he may be confused. I find it funniest how his tail bobs up and down :lol:

My two began humping again this spring, although it's starting to disappear now and only happens every now and then and Charlie (the humper) is much less enthusiastic about it now. Sometimes he climbs onto Shimmer but then decides he can't be bothered and sort of slides off lol.

What I have noticed though is that during the bonding process just over a year ago Shimmer just sat there while Charlie humped her. Now when he tries she runs away, she seems much less submissive now. They are both still really happy together though.

I also noticed that if they are both in a new place Charlie immediately humps Shimmer as if to let her know he owns the new territory. He also humps her if she becomes too aggressive with him at breakfast time (she gets very worked up and lunges at him when I arrive with breakfast), it's as though he's just putting her in her place.

Mischa used to to Mini once or twice a year. Haven't noticed any with these three. Nutmeg won't allow it and Mini is the boss of them all and doesn't seem bothered.

My pair that's been together a year hump, though Paige always humps Toshi, which is hilarious because she's the submissive one and female :lol: Sometimes my mom and I joke about when Toshi's going to kindle and how much fun it will be to have polka-dotted rexes :lol::lol:

Yes, fairly often. Charlie's socially inept so if Milly is sat where he wants to be, or getting a drink when he wants to or being fed when he isn't, he just humps her head. He never humps her properly, always her head. She just throws him off and then they're over it :lol:

Two of mine have been bonded for a year.Harriet has humped Casper quite alot since the weather has improved.Shes quite a bossy madam anyway and Casper is very submissive.He doesnt even seem to notice,just carries on with whatever hes doing!They do love each other though:love:

Last edited:
You should see Lola if she thinks someone has food :roll: Poor Donny.. but he just sits there, he couldn't care less :lol:

Phew I'm glad it's not just my two!! I was wondering if it would threaten their bond but it seems like quite a standard thing!

My pair that's been together a year hump, though Paige always humps Toshi, which is hilarious because she's the submissive one and female :lol: Sometimes my mom and I joke about when Toshi's going to kindle and how much fun it will be to have polka-dotted rexes :lol::lol:

My humper is female too, but neither are the dominant rabbit in the pair, they both ask for grooming from each other and give grooming to the other so I don't know why she suddenly thinks she needs to show off her dominance!

Yesterday I actually said to Harvey "are you going to just sit there and take that?" He looked at me as if to say "hell yeh it's like a massage!!!" :roll: of course Lilly then grabbed a tuft of his fur on his head in her mouth to hold on and he did NOT like that!! :lol:

Polka dot rexes sound amazing!!

Fluffy does it to Jezebel every so often but not so much at the moment, it only ever seems to be when Fluffy thinks she is loosing her grip at been the boss

every so often we hear a loud buzzing and then matt chasing bisc and humping him. :roll: not very often and bisc doesn't even care. we have to go and lift matt off him at times because bisc won't even bother, even when matt is sat on his head. :roll: :lol: bisc is so patient with matt, always has been. :love:

Back