• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I saw a red kite tonight

Nice!
My mam finally saw one on the way back from download after being desperate to for years on end :lol:

Where my parents live there are hundreds of red kites all the time, I've seen them land just 10s of metres away from me in the field and when they get the combine harvesters out sometimes you can only see glimmers of sky through the clouds of them :lol: they're stunning creatures :love: and SO BIG!!!

When the rabbits free range in the garden at my parents they freeze in fear if they see one though :roll: stupid rabbits, do they not know they are carrion birds?! Don't worry I reassure and distract the rabbits and they forget about the birds quickly!

I knew they were big but I didn't realise just HOW big they were :shock: we see loads as they reintroduced them into Northampton, we get them over our garden occasionally but they don't get any less impressive :love: I think this one must have a nest near the field where we have dog class as it's always there :love:

you clearly haven't given your bunnies a guide to birds, how else are they supposed to learn? ;)

I knew they were big but I didn't realise just HOW big they were :shock: we see loads as they reintroduced them into Northampton, we get them over our garden occasionally but they don't get any less impressive :love: I think this one must have a nest near the field where we have dog class as it's always there :love:

you clearly haven't given your bunnies a guide to birds, how else are they supposed to learn? ;)

4 months until their birthday so they'll just have to wait :p I do get worried though when they freeze still and "play dead" as they're just making themselves appealing to the birds :roll:

It's great that they're introducing them more and more, I think they reintroduced them into my area about 10 years ago now, I think it was one of the first places, even though I'm used to seeing them now I still get excited when I see them and am mesmerised :oops: they're beautiful!

There are lots near me as well but they're always impressive to see :love:
They've done so well too, it's hard to believe how rare they were not that long ago!

Back