• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow and Lily refusing to use litter trays in new playhouse

So, Willow and Lily are very happy in the playhouse and I feel better that they are now in a bigger space.

I had litter trained them ahead of their move, in the hope that this would mean that I would only have the litter trays and not the whole 6 x 4ft space to clean daily, with the rest of the shed being cleaned a couple of times a week.

The little monkeys are pooping EVERYWHERE! True, there are piles of poops in the litter trays, but there are also poops all over the floor, scattered rather in piles) and in their beds :shock:

They seem very pleased with the bigger space, so I am fairly confident that it is not stress. How do I re-litter train them?

Is it just that they are merrily jumping about and slipping them out? :lol:

Same happened to my wee Floppy... he was really very well litter trained, but in moving to the shed, he pooped everywhere.. Grrrrrr... It did calm down though... thankfully

Thank you. Hopefully if I persevere it will rectify itself then and it is just the change.

Don't want to resort to letting the "poo Dyson", in the form of a yellow labrador, in there to "help" :roll: so will continue poo picking patrol until they settle.

Ive just had the same problem with my two as they are just bonded together and the baby has a lot more room. I have read that they are doing it as a territorial marker and the degree of freedom I have given him. Hoping that he will go back to pooping in the tray as he gets used to the new room it seems to be getting less :wave:

My 2 poop everywhere, but most go in the litter tray, but luckily they wee in the trays x

mine never poo just in their litter trays :roll::lol: when they were inside I was getting a dustpan full of poo from the sofa every day :shock:

mine never poo just in their litter trays :roll::lol: when they were inside I was getting a dustpan full of poo from the sofa every day :shock:

:lol: Nutmeg is rubbish for litter training, she just doesn't get it. Unfortunately Mini is now copying her :roll:

Mine do this whenever they are moved somewhere new but it seems to settle down after the first couple of weeks, I think they're marking territory. Hopefully yours will be the same!

It is improving, they both hopped in their litter trays after tea tonight and were told that they were good girls (at which point they eye rolled at me with a "we are not dogs, lady" look). If only rabbit poo was accepted as currency, I would be rich beyond my wildest dreams :lol:

Back