• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like the worst owner ever...

KMazzy

Alpha Buck
...this morning I trod on Ren :cry:

I have kicked both the buns before as they get under my feet a lot, but this morning I actually stepped right on Ren. I didn't put all my weight on her as once I realised I was putting my foot on something I sort of hopped and fell over to avoid it.

She ran away but came right back to me and doesn't seem to be hurt or limping at all so fingers crossed she's ok. But I was just gradually getting her to trust me and I hope I've not undone all that.

I know it's really easy to walk into buns, open doors onto them and kick them but this is the first time I've actually stepped on one so it's freaked me out a bit.

Has anyone else ever stepped on their rabbit(s)?

I stepped on Harrison's paw once :oops: I lifted my foot again as soon as I felt fur beneath it but I was so worried I'd hurt him. Fortunately he was fine and forgave me immediately! It's such a horrible feeling, thinking you might have hurt them!

I've nearly stepped on mine a few times. Its hard trying to lift your leg over the run paneling and trying to aim for a piece of floor which isn't currently covered with an excited bunny. Which might I add loves to come over and sniff your shoes. It is so easy. Luckily, I haven't trodden on them yet.

yep I've stood on all of mine before :roll: Sebastian has a habit of sneaking up on me and sitting right infront of my feet, he is so small that I don't realise he's there until I've kicked him :oops: I just walk really slowly now :roll:

I accidentally kicked Willow once just a month after she had had major gut surgery for an impaction!!!!!! She was running down the garden and ran into my feet. I whisked her to the vets but no harm had been done.

B&G have been kicked / trod on so many times its unbelievable. They get under my feet. Ginger even has a habit of falling asleep UNDER a portion of my foot if im sat at my desk, so when I go to get up, she gets a bit squished.

I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest, they are a lot more hardy than you could ever imagine :)

Thanks everyone. I feel a little reassured. I think I am just a bit of an overreacter when it comes to my bunnies, being quite new to bunny ownership.

Hopefully a lunchtime check will reveal she is still fine and happy.

Also tonight I am hoping to bake banana cookies (for me) and might put some banana on her head as she has been asking Jaffa to groom her so much but he just ignores her and licks the carpet right in front of her, poor poppet.

I stand on/kick my bunnies everyday! :lol: They live in my bedroom and every time I walk in the room they mob me. When I get up on a morning they run round and round my feet. I'm forever tripping over them, especially Fiver as he is usually trying to climb up my leg.
You learn to walk with rabbits running around. When I say "kick and stand on" it's very gentle (most of the time!) because I step so carefully. I am constantly hopping over a bunny and doing some pretty interesting maneuvers to avoid hurting them. :lol:

Aww, don't feel too bad, I stood on one of my chickens last week:shock: all 4 of them were running alongside me as I walked down the garden, then yolko decided to swerve in front of me and then squat down. :shock: luckily she was fine as I didn't put all my weight on her, phew

Aww, don't feel too bad, I stood on one of my chickens last week:shock: all 4 of them were running alongside me as I walked down the garden, then yolko decided to swerve in front of me and then squat down. :shock: luckily she was fine as I didn't put all my weight on her, phew

Hahah Yolko, what an awesome name!

It's probably way more stressful for us than it is for them. I am still stressed 5 hours later!

Lola gets "kicked" across the slippy kitchen floor allll the time :lol: she's seems to be napping when you look what she's doing, then all of a sudden she's bombing it straight in front of your feet, where she gets kicked to the other side of the room. Paws and tails have also been trodden on :lol: can't be helped!x

I don't think you're a proper bunny owner until you've stood on one! If yours or anyone else's are like Sonic then it's inevitable :roll: One minute, he's at the far corner of next doors garden, next he's under or between your feet trying to trip you up.

But yeah, don't feel bad at all :) It's horrible when you do, but I think it's a very common thing!

When it's treat time, Joshua runs straight into my legs and sometimes he opens his mouth, so whenever I walk in there's a flying projectile with teeth running towards me :shock:

done this quite a few times.. mainly to bisc. he gets right under my feet :roll: i went flying once to avoid stepping on him, really hurt myself, turned round and he was begging for probiotics! :shock::roll::love:

You can tell a housebun owner certainly by the way they shuffle their feet along the floor without lifting them up to avoid actually standing on the 100mile and hour missile bunny who lands exactly where you were going to put your foot down:lol::lol: or as mine does he lands on top of your foot just as its on the upward motion. So I now have the bunny shuffle walk:oops:
Have had a few funny comments off visitors to the house until they see what he does. Also the only moving with your eyes glued firmly on the floor and never ever turning round whilst moving feet at same time.

Don't we just love em!

When it's treat time, Joshua runs straight into my legs and sometimes he opens his mouth, so whenever I walk in there's a flying projectile with teeth running towards me :shock:

This is exactly what Xena does. I have SO many scars where her teeth have sliced my ankles open! :evil: :lol:

This is exactly what Xena does. I have SO many scars where her teeth have sliced my ankles open! :evil: :lol:

:lol: Xena is very beautiful by the way

For some reason Joshua rarely breaks the skin, if he bites us he tends to close his jaw in slow motion so normally I can pull whatever appendage he's latched on to away quick enough.

...this morning I trod on Ren :cry:

I have kicked both the buns before as they get under my feet a lot, but this morning I actually stepped right on Ren. I didn't put all my weight on her as once I realised I was putting my foot on something I sort of hopped and fell over to avoid it.

She ran away but came right back to me and doesn't seem to be hurt or limping at all so fingers crossed she's ok. But I was just gradually getting her to trust me and I hope I've not undone all that.

I know it's really easy to walk into buns, open doors onto them and kick them but this is the first time I've actually stepped on one so it's freaked me out a bit.

Has anyone else ever stepped on their rabbit(s)?

Similar thing happened but I actually tripped when he ran under my feet. It really hurt but shooter was fine:p

I would think most of us with bunnies have done that at some time or other I know I have, it happens. I know it's an awful feeling when you do kick them or tread on a paw I always feel so guilty. I make a point of looking where they are but sometimes they are just so quick.

Back