• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rat ID - are these black rats?

William

Wise Old Thumper
These ones look differently to the brown rats I've seen previously. They look like black rats (Rattus rattus) to me but I'm not sure? Just curious. they're really cute so I'm just going to leave them alone, although the roundish one looks like it might be pregnant so hopefully they don't cause any problems! :lol:

IMG_8878 by dylanduck14, on Flickr

IMG_8879 by dylanduck14, on Flickr

IMG_8881 by dylanduck14, on Flickr

IMG_8882 by dylanduck14, on Flickr

IMG_8883 by dylanduck14, on Flickr

I'm not sure either. They don't look like norvegicus but I don't think they look like rattus either. The tails are very very long. Not sure what other critters you have over there.

I'm not sure either. They don't look like norvegicus but I don't think they look like rattus either. The tails are very very long. Not sure what other critters you have over there.

This ^^. They are lighter than Rattus but similar in shape so no idea what they could be

Look at their tails :love::love:

I think they are, not all Black rats are actually black and they look mousey enough to be, with their long tails. Thought the one closest to us looks like a novie.

Googled woodrat and they don't look ratty enough, while these guys look rattie.

Back