• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits should live alone......

moi

Mama Doe
This is the idiotic comment someone put on facebook earlier, to which I quickly set her straight. She said 'oh it must have changed recently then as my Daughter did animal welfare in college 3 years back and they said they should live alone'. Remind me not to send my kids to that college!

This is the idiotic comment someone put on facebook earlier, to which I quickly set her straight. She said 'oh it must have changed recently then as my Daughter did animal welfare in college 3 years back and they said they should live alone'. Remind me not to send my kids to that college!

I was going to say bonkers, but then I thought, it's very very sad :cry:

i did an animal course at college , the three years i did the courses i never heard that only that they need company and should live in pairs. in the mammal room all the animals were in pairs apart from the hamsters and the chipmunks and sugar gliders were in a group of 4 :)

Sadly some animal welfare college courses can be rubbish. A friend of mine has just completed 1 year of an animal management course and is leaving as care side is shocking. She knows way more than the lecturers and is frustrated that they won't tteach the most up to date stuff.

Sadly some animal welfare college courses can be rubbish. A friend of mine has just completed 1 year of an animal management course and is leaving as care side is shocking. She knows way more than the lecturers and is frustrated that they won't tteach the most up to date stuff.

that happens sometimes and its really frustrating, when i was in my third year alot of the stuff was repeated

I attended an animal care collage and it was alright. Some of the staff actually cared about the animals. One lecturer was persistently trying to get better things for the fish unit constantly forking out of his own pocket to do so because the rest of the staff didn't think the fish needed anything better.

The same fellow also told us that rabbits should be in pairs and actually live longer when together. :)

The animal unit was terrible however and I think they should no longer house animals. :(

Back