• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Really massive poos! U/D poo pic, sorry!

Jolysium

Mama Doe
Harribun normally does big round golden poos but occasionally I'll see ones that are practically double the size of his normal ones. It's almost like they are two that have combined in to one massive superpoo!:shock: Does anyone else see this with their bunnies? It's not something I need to be concerned about is it?

Last edited:
I don't know :? If they're the same colour just much bigger then I personally wouldn't worry about it too much; I'd be like :shock: bet that hurt :roll: :lol:. If it were uneaten caecals then that's entirely different.

They don't obviously have fur in. I took a picture! :oops:
MV_ERAJ_5nMKQeWPAH7Yv8UoA_y00IE9Qd3PjtUhlog=w276-h207-p-no

Ruby tends to get poops like that when she is moulting (despite twice daily brushing, my little fluffy monster), but she has a bit of a funny gut compared to my other buns and has had a few bouts of stasis. But even she only has a few like this for a couple of days and then is back to normal, vet said is was just her and not much to worry about unless things changed

So, apart from babbling on I don't really have any advice, sorry!

Mine are doing poop like that and bigger! I was thinking that it could be the spring greens that they love?

I'll be really interested in people's opinions! :D

He does have spring greens. My other bunnies have always had them too though and I've never seen poos like this before. Maybe I'll just have to put it down to moulting.

Back